Turtle Wax Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax

Detailing & Bodywork
Speedlaw

Turtle Wax Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax

Post by Speedlaw »

is what it says on the tin... :D

So I tried this hardwax (or paste) today, since the rain finally stopped this morning. Apparently, the paste is discontinued by the manufacturer, which I only found out minutes ago. I now understand why.

This stuff has got to be the hardest wax to apply out there! Man, it goes on easy enough, but rubbing it out (or off) is not for the faint of heart. My right arm (I can hardly use my left arm) is hurting already, wonder how it will be tomorrow...

The good thing: The shine is un-be-lieve-able! I've tried Autoglym's Super Resin Polish before (which is quite easy to use) but this stuff is in a different league. Took out all swirl marks I had, and made the surface nice and smooth. Smelled great too. :)

This is the package it came in:

and this is what Turtle Wax claims:
An emerald...so rare in quality, color, and brilliance, it is among the most precious gemstones on earth. Inspired by the breathtaking qualities of the emerald, Turtle Wax has created Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax.

Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax contains 100% Brazilian carnauba wax to give your car brilliant shine and long last Hard Shell protection. This rare formula is ideal for exceptional performance on clear coat finishes. And, it also brings back the shine and luster to dull, neglected finishes. Micronized polishing agents correct fine abrasions that develop with exposure to environmental contaminants. Emerald Series Advanced Paste Wax provides a deep, rich paint color and helps restore the surface to show-room quality. This easy to use carnauba blend wipes off clean, leaving no hard to remove powdery residue in intricate automotive trim.

Package contains a sponge applicator.
Okay, maybe I could have applied less wax... Or I'm not used to physical labour, but it was a bit harder than I'd expected.

Also, it doesn't make all the plastic go white as much as other waxes I've used. And, for only one coat of wax, I am very impressed. The liquid version is still available, btw.

8)
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Pure carnauba waxes like this one are reckoned to provide a much deeper shine than mixed silicon/carnauba waxes and the full synthetic ones, but they also tend not to last as much as the other waxes.

Personally I have always used them because I do believe they give a richer shine and feel to the paintwork. Use it once a month and you'll be OK.

Oh, and they're a little bit harder to rub off. :wink:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I used to use this wax...

It does give a nice shine, and you're right, it is hard to get off.

I used to apply it, leave it for a minute, buff with one cloth, then buff with another cloth. I used to think I was putting too much on, but it's hard to put less on using the supplied applicator.

The only problem I found was that it didn't seem to last too long before the water stopped "beading" off the paint.

I think it is one of the best waxes that's available to the "general" public, however if you can possibly afford it - Zymol or Swissol are in a completely different league!

Also, the Turtle stuff isn't 100% Pure Carnauba, as Pure Carnauba is solid like concrete! :shock:

The Zymol (Titanium) wax (Estate Glaze) that I have contains 51% Brazilian No. 1 Yellow and White Carnauba by volume (80% Yellow, 20% White).

It cost £59.99 for 226g and is really, really good!

However you could go for the Altantique Wax - £699.99 for 226g or the Vintage Wax £1299.99 for 623g (refilled for life)! :shock:

Ahh, Car Wax...
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

Josh_PoloGTi wrote:

£1299.99 for 623g (refilled for life)! :shock:

Ahh, Car Wax...
so let me get thuis right. you can either buy a set of full race coils with damping and rebound control lus ride height and get them fitted and get the alignment done OR you could wax your car?
at that price i want it tio come with a brunette aplicator who i can take to dinner after and some armed guards for duning the night

i mean 1300 quid jeez
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Well Said.

That's just rediculous!

:shock:
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yeah but it smels nice :lol:

I went for the Concours and the next wax above that - can't remember the name but your car smells like a cherry bakewell once waxed.

Yes it's expensive £180 but then again it's protecting your paintwork from the elements. Don't get me wrong even if I was a millionare I'd still never pay out over a G for wax even if it was refilled for life.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

sorry but ive prolly been getting free wax for too long from body shops but still ove 100 for a bottle of wax jeez i pay about 25 quid a bottle if im treating the polo but then again she does get resprayed more often than she gets waxed :P
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Might as well buy a used Polo instead of that wax!

BTW when I referred to pure carnauba waxes I didn't mean 100% carnauba wax, but rather car waxes that have just that base, and not a mix of synthetic and carnauba bases.

These mixed types are often criticised for being a compromise and won't neither last as long as the full synthetic ones nor give a deep shine like carnuba waxes do.