PILLOCKS!

Have you received a flyer or have you spotted someone? Post here!
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

PILLOCKS!

Post by Tahrey1043 »

A couple of mk2 (& mk3?) coupe drivers, possibly both Coupe S but i wasnt able to check

first one, going over highbridge road's high bridge? you tried to squeeze between a chunky vauxhall thing and some wobbly cyclists when you really should have waited three seconds, nearly casting them to the pavement and getting a healthy ration of horn and middle finger - guess who?

oh yeah and you'd taken that white beast and fitted permanently acivated fog lights to it, wideboyed all the arches (with bit wheels at least
but standard ride height, and given it a beancan fartbox!

you nob. learn to drive.

Secondly a slightly modded-looking S (?) in black or some dark colour, crawling over every last speedbump on the southernmost "main" road in/around Clifton, south of notts. I'm thinking the lower ride height has knackered all abillity in one respect! (i was the guy who sailed on by doing a flat 30 over the humps in the centre then left lanes ;))

Looked nice all over but seriously - i would have been quicker tacking the A453, so had to scoot round!
metz

Post by metz »

Black one might have been madmatt?
White one was me...how dare you raise your finger.. hehe
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

oooh you kept that one quiet mate... in which case i hope that 12 year old girlie didnt crack your window glass when her helmet ricoched off it...!

dont get me wrong btw i wasnt pointing any bad finger at the slow humper :D just wondering if it was a dropped Coupe S that someone on here owned (seeing as there's a disproportionate number of nottingham folks!), or a regular one that was being nursed. I just had places to be and so scooted up the "third lane" taking the bumps at a just-comfortable constant 31mph rather than 10-25-10... and if it was someone on here, that's why they (and 3 behind) got passed by a silver lump in a slightly cheeky fashion!

people always creeping down that road, and several other "mildly" humped ones i know - or shooting up to 40 then hammering the brakes down to 20 - generally getting in the way for no reason, cuz if you just stick to the limit you'll find they're engineered to let you comfortably travel at that pace but not much more. clever stuff. Til of course you get to the final bit of local road in West Bridgford before the A52 (outside the school - a little further in from Clifton) and find that exceeding 20 AT ALL leads to a vertebrae-shattering impact. Sods!
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Tahrey1043 wrote: people always creeping down that road, and several other "mildly" humped ones i know - or shooting up to 40 then hammering the brakes down to 20 - generally getting in the way for no reason, cuz if you just stick to the limit you'll find they're engineered to let you comfortably travel at that pace but not much more. clever stuff. Til of course you get to the final bit of local road in West Bridgford before the A52 (outside the school - a little further in from Clifton) and find that exceeding 20 AT ALL leads to a vertebrae-shattering impact. Sods!
You try telling that to the speed bumps around here.. most of them have to be taken at 15mph if you value your shock absorbers.. as for the ones leading to my school, I scrape the exhaust over them every time, and that's on standard suspension.. I think west essex speed bumps are a little over zealous..