ICE and removal of related parts

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
BLACK6N_POLO
Silver Member

ICE and removal of related parts

Post by BLACK6N_POLO »

alright!
im fitting in new speakers to my 6n and have a few questions.
can any one help?
how do i remove the door card i have removed all clips and the screws in the door handle, but there is some thing holding it back- is it a screw or do i jus give it a hard pull?(are there instructions about)
Also how do i gt the standard tweeters out?
THANKS
polo_mf
Bronze Member

Post by polo_mf »

alrite matey boy!!

cnt help, if i could i would av told you today!
sure someone can help!!

:D
stuart_hatch
Bronze Member

Post by stuart_hatch »

you unscrewed the door pin?

Pretty much yank it off, carefully
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

Easy, I have started to upgrade my speakers too but have not finished yet.

First check you have removed the door pin by twisting it off. There are quite a few of them tight clips on the actual door cards, do you mean them clips or clips on door handle...cos i dont think there r any. When you have pulled it you will notice that the top edge which fits into the window strip buldges out. just lift it off and it should come off. it may require a bit of force, especailly if it aint taken off b4!!!

My new speakers will fit straight onto the standard pods so i dont need 2 modify the door cards. To do this i havent taken the door card off, just carefully removed the speaker mesh whilst the card on and u can access the screws that drop the speaker out. just use a flathead small screwdriver. i managed to get mine out carefully without creating a single dent.

Standard tweeters on top of the dash, just remove the air vent things on the sides with a screwdriver, and i think mine just twisted off the dash. You can fit 10cm speakers easily :lol:

HTH
polo_mf
Bronze Member

Post by polo_mf »

thats wat i was wonderin aswell!??!
dubbprince
Bronze Member

Post by dubbprince »

i placed 6.5" speakers in the rear cards by cutting the holes out using a dremmel..they looked very neat.

the mk5 gti guys are lucky because they already have them in the rear...

I'd place the tweetor either in the normal position on the dash or at head height on the A pillar trims...thats also what i did on my old polo mk4...now i have placed the tweetors on the mirror cover triangle with careful positioning.