New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk »

I emailed my dealer yesterday asking of he can still be sure of the original promised supply date of January.
It seemed a long way off when I placed my order in the first week of July but if it extends much beyond that I will be rather annoyed.
It is my first brand new car order and the excitement is dwindling as I get more information through here about delays than I am getting from my dealer.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

The longest wait for a new car I have endured was 16 weeks I really think you guys are fantastic to be this patient, especially with the total lack of information. As I a positive if your car is as impressive as mine it is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Robint wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:21 am The longest wait for a new car I have endured was 16 weeks I really think you guys are fantastic to be this patient, especially with the total lack of information. As I a positive if your car is as impressive as mine it is fantastic
Right now Iam very mad at VW dealership. I will go to speak with them personaly at wednesday. Since they Have 10% of price as my deposit i can't really walk away right now. ... Don't know what to do.
Last edited by Dark_cze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Am I missing something here? What's a 124 Spider attachment doing in "New GTI + Delivery" post?
And as for the dealer having a 10% deposit, who suggested that amount? Too much to loose if the dealer won't give it back :(
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

Not sure if every dealer but this one wanted 10%. But honestly in this country you will be ripped off on anything. 124 spider was just for comparsion what is available now without waiting for same money as my ordered gti :|

//Also dealer will have to give back in certain situation (if price raise more than 5% and I will cancel it, if they dont deliver car in 20 weeks, and few more)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Wow!.10% deposit? Here in the UK i've bought many VWs from new (and an Audi), and the dealership have never wanted more than £500 from me. A £1000 deposit is not unheard of if you've specced many options.

Also in the UK, the price you pay is the price agreed at time of sale no matter how many months you wait. If VW put their prices up in the meantime, that only affects new orders, not yours.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:31 pm Wow!.10% deposit? Here in the UK i've bought many VWs from new (and an Audi), and the dealership have never wanted more than £500 from me. A £1000 deposit is not unheard of if you've specced many options.

Also in the UK, the price you pay is the price agreed at time of sale no matter how many months you wait. If VW put their prices up in the meantime, that only affects new orders, not yours.
welcome to country of thiefs :D till this year cheating with odometr (driven km) was just minor offense (not sure if i transleted it right so it is lower crime withou any big punishment). Finaly our justice thought loooong and hard and they changed it to regular crime since sellers made quietly lot of money on this.
Saxaclone
New
Drives: Polo Beats

Post by Saxaclone »

I ordered my GTI in early March with a quoted lead time of 20 weeks. Since then, thanks to this thread, I feel like I’ve known more about what’s going on than the dealer! (Or at least that they will admit)

When the delivery date came around I was ready to take my deposit and walk. Especially since they are now saying “probably before Christmas!”

But now I’m driving around in their Polo Beats demo, which I’m happy to do until “Christmas!” It does make me wish the Beats audio was an option on the UK GTI though... And the engine is surprisingly nippy.
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

peeceeuk wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 am I emailed my dealer yesterday asking of he can still be sure of the original promised supply date of January.
It seemed a long way off when I placed my order in the first week of July but if it extends much beyond that I will be rather annoyed.
It is my first brand new car order and the excitement is dwindling as I get more information through here about delays than I am getting from my dealer.
Don’t worry mate this is my first new car as well and I’ve been waiting since 7th of April it’s a joke but sure worth the wait at the end I hope anyway, my estimated date is now February the 28th 😭
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

Troyj369 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 am
peeceeuk wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 am I emailed my dealer yesterday asking of he can still be sure of the original promised supply date of January.
Don’t worry mate this is my first new car as well and I’ve been waiting since 7th of April it’s a joke but sure worth the wait at the end I hope anyway, my estimated date is now February the 28th 😭
At least you guys have date ... I don't have anything :-D Iam going to visit my dealer at wednesday.
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

I did complain a little bit and as I’ve done a part ex with my current polo I got pay for anything MOT so they gave me £400 cheque when I pick the car up. But that’s just the start long take the more going try get out of them coz 10 months for a car is a joke
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Dark_cze wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:21 am
Troyj369 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 am
At least you guys have date ... I don't have anything :-D Iam going to visit my dealer at wednesday.
I don't have a fixed date.
January was the estimate at the time of placing my order.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Ask them for a year as well as a month!! Sorry I am being cynical here.
The car is great, lets hope your wait will be worth it. I waited six months and was an early buyer( Feb 10 th 2018)
John501
New
Drives: Golf 1:4 tsi Polo gti + sometime

Post by John501 »

Hi all enjoying this forum as I have found more info here than from the dealer or vw chat. My polo was ordered on 26th April with a delivery date of 12th September!

I emailed the dealer today for an update and the reply was I should have the car by the end of the year ,presumably 2018. He knew nothing about the November build dates .

It's very dissaponting to have such a lack of consistency in the information given by vw.

My bet is it will be February next year at best before the car arrives.
Mandywoo61
New
Drives: New GTI+

Post by Mandywoo61 »

barrywi wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:04 pm
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:43 pm On the return to pick up my car, the service assistant got the keys to the new GTI so that I could sit in it and start it up.
I noticed how the seats hug the driver more than the outgoing model. I always enjoy exhaust pops with my current DSG model but the exhaust note in the new one is a step above for sure. All in all very nice. (Apart from the bonnet lip....I just don't see any beauty in it)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
What do you do to get the exhaust pops, I want to be a teenager again!
I'm still loving my GTI! Drop the gear lever back another notch in Drive and it puts into Sport. I'm 57 female and love to do it when there's a few boy racers about😀 I love to see the look on their face!