Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Nopolo_yet
New

Re: Polo 6n - JDM Whore.. Takata & Bride!

Post by Nopolo_yet »

Well, this car has made my mind up about which car to buy for my first! Thanks!

i love the arden blue + white wheel combo. looks stunning!
chris.kingston
New

Post by chris.kingston »

Looks great mate, keep it up :D
macp
Getting There!

Post by macp »

Lovin the thread car looks great especially with the new wheels keep it up :D
ripper0306
New

Post by ripper0306 »

love the sign "More JDM than an Integra"
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Nopolo_yet wrote:Well, this car has made my mind up about which car to buy for my first! Thanks!

i love the arden blue + white wheel combo. looks stunning!
Awh thanks! haha They are awesome little cars!
chris.kingston wrote:Looks great mate, keep it up :D
Cheers!

macp wrote:Lovin the thread car looks great especially with the new wheels keep it up :D
Thanks man, keep forgetting to update on here tho!
ripper0306 wrote:love the sign "More JDM than an Integra"
haha was a little 'take the p***' thing i said to my mates ones and thought it would really annoy people, which it has :P

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So.. been a while.. Few things have changed since the last update. Some progress, some not.

Firstly, During the start of the cold winter when the roads started to frost over...

Roundabout + Cold/Icy driving conditions + Barrier = Lots of small pieces of Polo. No problem, Rear bumper needs fixing. Will be done before modified nationals in May.

Then my mate was selling his Mazdaspeed 3 spokes off his MX5, I wanted them when he bought the car so snapped them off him when he sold them.

Bought them off my mate for cheep but had to put 4 brand new tyres on them.
Also, had to increase the centre bore from 54.1 to 57.1. Got a few quote from machine shops but they wanted around £60-80 to do it. Decided to do it myself.

60mm 80grit flap wheel + Powerful drill + small amount of filing = HAPPY DAYS!

They are in poor nick.. Looking to get them sanded down and a lick of paint to get them fresh. Undecided on a colour yet tho.. May be just winters or may be 2nd show wheels.. we shall see. I have some plans for these that will make them even more WOW ;)

Nothing happened for a few weeks after this. So had a spare couple quid and thought I'd do a little trick-mod that no-one will ever ever ever notice.

Smooth wiper stalk to match the indicator (no rear wiper button)..

Completely pointless modification i know but hey, it matches!

I bought a cage for the Polo now its all painted and in... Also gave the rear of the Polo a fresh lick of satin black to make it look a less worse for wear..

Flat floor in the back then I think it would look even better..

YEEEYY MOT DAY.

Failed on N/S Trackrod End and both Headlights were angled too high.
Bought the trackrod end, had it fitted in 10mins, took the car back down for a Re-Test and she is safe for another year!

Tracking went very very slightly out after the end was changed.. Got the toes aligned so everything was tip top and ready for action..

Was hoping to get the car into the bodyshop for the rear bumper this week so its ready for Early Edition on the 14th but they are fully booked until after it so going to get the rust, front end and rear bumpers sorted alla t once at the end of the month in time for Modified nationals in May.

Sadly won't be in attendance of Early Edition now, shame, enjoyed it last year. If I do go it wont be in the oloP

I decided too that the Mazdaspeeds will be a second set of show wheels. Plans for these are secret though. Will look AMAZING when they are finished. Rota's are soon to be re-done after bodywork also.

Don't lose interest just yet guys. Plenty more to come after the big bills are out of the way.
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Wheel update..

Started the refurb of the Rota's. Lips are spidered and corroded and the paint was getting re-done anyway.

Usually take stuff like thids to a professional, but thought i'd have a crack at it myself. Results are completelly by hand, no machine polishing or buffing.

Started on 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1500 and then finished on 2500. Then ther are only two coats of meguiars metel (tub) polish. Shine is gettig bette with every coat.

And a picture to show before and after. By far not perfect, but most if not all curbing removed and 99% of corrosion got to and sorted

Will crack on with the other three in the next few days and get them ready for paint.
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Yet ANOTHER setback... Came out of work to find my rear quarter creased and dented where someone has SMASHED their car door into my car. Removed a section of paint from the shoulder line of the car and dented above and bellow it. Not even a note to say sorry.

Pet hate is people bumping car doors.

Car is booked for bodyshop on 6th May to get (i hope) everything that needs sorting done.
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Back to her former glory <3

Time to get it in a half presentable condition ready for Players. Shall be the Polo's first show of 2013, not to mention the first show with the cage, seats, wheels and everything else together! Well excited..

Car has some patches of orange peel that I'm going to get flatted and polished soon. Get a better finish all over the car than there is at the moment.

Also.. Guess who's Back.. ;)

Players.. Here we come.
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Absolutely stunning car, good job!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Lucaio wrote:Absolutely stunning car, good job!
Ahh thankyou means alot!

Bit the bullet and paid to get my photo's back on photobucket. Swines!

So.. Four years ownership and three years driving and this is the progress so far..

Looking back, It's amazing to think i've built this car from scratch and I earn £4.98p/h on an 8hr contract in work. I think i've done well.

Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Seeming as I cant afford an engine swap just yet, decided to pay the bay some attention and tidy up what i have at the moment. At least if I do open the bonnet it's in a presentable condition.

Painted the engine, rocker, gearbox and the odd metal bits in black so the horrible corroded metal is covered, looks so much better. Cleaned all the rear bulk head and removed as much grease, muck and any dirt I could reach without droppingthe engine.

Has been improved and more done again after this picture was taken, will get some with a decent camera.
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

Bought a few pieces for the whore..

6n2 Black roof strips (yet to be fitted), Red GTI Doorcards, 6n2 Gearknob, GTI Gearknob Gaitor, green wheel bolt covers and some 20mm spacers.

Need switches now, going to source some faulty switches so i can fibreglass over and make blanks as my switches are still located in the centre console.

Test fitted the spacers, unfortunately unable to run them on my current tyres. One small bump that will be the end of my bumper mounting and rear arches haha 165/50/15's will be ordered in the next few weeks.

Managed to wriggle its way onto the Fastcar website from the Sweetshop meet at Krispy Kreme.

Tomorrow the Polo will be having its first 'proper' photo shoot, hoping to get some good shots of it now its all pretty and fixed again. Wednesday will see another photoshoot for a local car club 'Superior Rides' 2014 calender.

Hopefully spark some interest soon..
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

So guys, things have been dead for the car once again.. I've started myown valeting and detailing thing from home so been spending most of my time pushing that.

Machine polished the polo so it's now swirl and mark free and.. this also happened...

Lowered it all round a little bit to get it sitting that teeny bit nicer. Front was adjusted 20mm (on threads) up front and 15mm (on threads) at rear.. I know this is a 'bore' but i actually can't go lower on these coilovers as i've run out of threads on the passenger front coilover.. so this is how it shall stay now, i'm happy with it.

Smaller tyres 165/50's and i'll be able to put my 20mm hubcentrics on the rear, wheels are a little lost in the arches at the moment.

See you at trax!
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

So those of you who saw the car at Show&Glow saw the new feature to the car.. For those who didn't..

False floor with hideable sub. Sub is fully functional both hidden and on show depending how the mood takes me or if I don't trust the area :P

​Re-doing some bits inside over winter that need touching up and head down and start saving for this engine its screaming at me for.
Tech-Ho
Bronze Member

Post by Tech-Ho »

In winter mode again..