CROSSOVER MOD - TOUREAG LED TORCH

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
AdamK
New

Post by AdamK »

I have just got a polo gti and really need one of these torches, but I have no idea what those numbers are that you are using to identify your polo's. Mine is a November 2000 3 door polo gti. So the question is what numbers are my numbers ? Also will that torch fit in my car and the lid still close? Sorry to go on :oops: Just new to this so dont really know anything :D
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Hello there Adam,

Your car would be a MK5. The torch will fit and charge in your car, but unfortunately the lid will not close on the MK5's :(
algenon_iii
Getting There!

Post by algenon_iii »

Just got one of them torches for my 9n, I reckon it won't take too much work to get it to fit properly. My cunning plan is to file some of the metal off the contact at the bottom of the torch (where the little VW logo is), my reckoning is no more that 1mm would need to be taken off. I'll give a progress report this evening.

OK so after having a better look it looks like the problem is actually the bezel around the lens of the torch :( Won't be an easy job one way or the other to fit the torch in a 9n
discod
New

Post by discod »

dunno about the rest of u but the gti has a socket in the boot why not use that?