Just got dusted by a Fiesta Zetec S - (help)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Mk5 ZS
BHP: 101
Top speed: 113
0-60: 9.9
MPG: 38

GTI
BHP:125
Top Speed: 127
0-60: 8.4
MPG: 39
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

So no suggestions on what to do?

Didn't want this post to turn into "ive beaten 500 Zetec S's in reverse with the handbrake on"

Was after some suggestions
Dan_B
New

Post by Dan_B »

my brother has the first 1.6 fiesta zetec s. he has an exhaust and a pipercross on it. i have a standard gti.

when racing from standstill i kick his ass. when plodding around he keeps up with me, but i'm slightly pulling away, not by much though.

the first gear is a lot better and this is why we have a faster 0-60
Wardy
Sponsor

Post by Wardy »

andyg wrote:So no suggestions on what to do?

Didn't want this post to turn into "ive beaten 500 Zetec S's in reverse with the handbrake on"

Was after some suggestions
OK, as some of the members, myself included, have mentioned - it could be that the Z-S that went past you was actually pushing out more power than you are!

If you're truly concerned, get your Polo on a rolling road. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Steve
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

Zetec S , are they really that quick ?

I had a go with one (My brother's mate) off the slip road onto local dual carraigeway (A90) and he couldn't get past, i killed him off slip road in 2nd and up to about a ton ten then i bottled it thinking police would be hiding/waiting somewhere for me. :(

Then he caught up. :(

He had a K&N panel filter and a cat back exhaust. :wink:

I guess its all about the way you drive your car i suppose, diff people = diff results :wink:
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

If you're truly concerned, get your Polo on a rolling road. Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Leeds/Sheffield
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

RICHARD HARPER wrote:I guess its all about the way you drive your car i suppose, diff people = diff results :wink:
There is always that.
Wardy
Sponsor

Post by Wardy »

andyg wrote:
Leeds/Sheffield
I'd give JBS a ring in Chesterfield then. Top people, VAG experts and a new rolling road to boot :D

Steve
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

Yup most probably tweaked by FastFord or someone.
You'll be surprised how many people keep the car standard and goto town on the engine

-Ben-
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I suspect the car was putting out morepower than standard as I had a run in with one and while I wasn't tanking away I was able to catch up and slowly pass. I would however say on a twisty round the Zetec-S would be the better handling car.

The same thing came up on a Golf forum where a Focus ST170 pulled away form a MK5 GTI out a roundabout, the guy couldn't understand how as they were both in 2nd. He never found out what the ST had done to the engine.
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I love thread's like these :roll:

So what you got beaten by a standard looking Fiesta, like ceedubya said - his polo has a TT engine in but you would never know by looking at it on the road!

The Fiesta may have had the engine vastly modified - you just can't beat every car on the road.
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

dino wrote:I love thread's like these :roll:

So what you got beaten by a standard looking Fiesta, like ceedubya said - his polo has a TT engine in but you would never know by looking at it on the road!

The Fiesta may have had the engine vastly modified - you just can't beat every car on the road.
too right, well said dino
last time i went fast i got pulled, it ain't worth racing cos thats how accidents happen!

-Ben-
Mouse_GTI

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Could have a 1.7 Puma engine in it, which is a popular mod for Mk4/5 Fiesta's. The ZS would have the advantage in the corners
samuel090180
Bronze Member

Post by samuel090180 »

Mouse_GTI wrote:Could have a 1.7 Puma engine in it, which is a popular mod for Mk4/5 Fiesta's. The ZS would have the advantage in the corners
Both vehicles have 125BHP.....