Can anyone recommend a good mobile phone?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

the lg chocolate is a good fone can take a while to get used to the touch buttons
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

CymruPolo wrote:Does anyone own, or has anyone owned, a Samsung D600 or D900?
I own a D900 right now.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i've got the samsung e900, the touch screen one, and if i'm totally honest its the best phone i've ever owned!!
takes a little while to get used to the touch screen bit and it can be annoying when u brush the buttons and it does something u don't want it to but on the whole its a great phone!

2mp cam, mp3, bluetooth, 3/4 days battery life and a mem card slot!

ooooh and u can have ur own videos as ur wallpaper!!
GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

I have the nokia 6233 at the moment and is solidly built, would definitely recommend it.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

GaryUK wrote:I have the nokia 6233 at the moment and is solidly built, would definitely recommend it.
Agreed. :D

Cheers,

Alex
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

Yeah i'm on the 8800 scirocco, if you can afford it that is...basically its a glorified handbag, doesnt do anything just looks really pretty and opens in a rather cool way. The scirocco has benefits over the standard 8800, improved battery life, 2megapixel camera and slightly more memory. If you want a phone not an entertainment system its for you, the screen is bright & is very easy to use....on top of that it has a bit of exclusivity...

Either that or be another sheep and get the k800i, great cam & features for a great price...but every other person you bump into will be like "snap" heh :?
Redline
Sponsor

Post by Redline »

CymruPolo wrote:Any good? What's the battery like?

Is that the one with the flat key pad?

Yeah it has the flat key pad.

Overall impressions are it's a very good phone. Battery life is great, with moderate use it's still on full and I haven't charged it since Saturday morning. Camera is good at 3M.P and in general the phone is very easy to use.

It's a hell of a lot better than my V3 anyway!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I've found that the keypad is pretty decent on the new breed of slimline Samsung devices. Its the same keypad on my X820. Certainly on my phone they are quite large and easy to use :)
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

k800i all der way with a 1gb memory card
Redline
Sponsor

Post by Redline »

Si_GTi wrote:I've found that the keypad is pretty decent on the new breed of slimline Samsung devices. Its the same keypad on my X820. Certainly on my phone they are quite large and easy to use :)
Yeah I could only see it being a problem if you happen to suffer from "sausage fingers". Works fine for me.
my_little_polo
Getting There!

Post by my_little_polo »

NOKIA 8800 all the way!! ive got one, theyr COOL!! :)
solidsponge
Bronze Member

Post by solidsponge »

Ive had my w800i for about a year, Its on contract mind, very good phone, survived me smashing it on the floor. Very strong phone, tons of features, theres a new black one out, Sony ericcson are very good phones. Never seem to have to charge it and I use it a lot, just pop it in charger for 10 mins and it goes back on for ages.

dont let that guy who got a faulty one (from the off) put you off. 14 days is the battery time I think...(yes really)