The Polo 1.6 Sport - who owns one?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Jeff GTi
Platinum Member

Post by Jeff GTi »

on the fuel economy thing with the gti, i did a nice 100 mile round trip yesterday and today and managed to see 47 mpg at 60 on the m6, and 43.5 on my return trip (uphill) in my rather played with gti, so they aint bad on fuel if you can avoid that heavy right foot
richl123
New

Post by richl123 »

Jeff GTi wrote:on the fuel economy thing with the gti, i did a nice 100 mile round trip yesterday and today and managed to see 47 mpg at 60 on the m6, and 43.5 on my return trip (uphill) in my rather played with gti, so they aint bad on fuel if you can avoid that heavy right foot
That's much better compared to old my Mk4 Golf GTI, the Polo version was tempting but I'm going to stick with the sport until the whole range is revised with the 1.4 tsi unit.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I just don't understand why VW did not include a 1.6 16V in the Polo range at the MK6 launch back in 2001/2002, worse than that I don't quite understand why I thought that it would be a really good idea to buy my wife a 1.4 SE (75PS) instead of the 100PS Sport - I thought that the lower powered engine would be more flexible - wrong just a bit gutless. By the way, her previous car was a 1.6 SI (Zetec engined) Fiesta - now that engine is extremely flexible for a mid 90's 16 valver.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

1.4 FSI Sport

Post by Norbreck21a »

My wife has a 06, FSI 1.4 Sport so here's my take.

Looks fantastic - she got it new in that bright metallic blue (can't remember the exact colour), with the optional 16" alloys, cruise, heated seats, sunroof etc. We've had it now for just short of 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat, and to be honest looks just like new. She came from 2 Clio's so was expecting creaks and groans, but the Polo is just whisper silent.

Performance wise, I found it a little underpowered, but then I drive a Golf GT Tdi with 180bhp so that's not surprising. She however loves it, and when I'm a passenger and she's driving, I have to say it seems to go like the clappers. Overall MPG at 46 so not bad on that score either.

She said she would most definately have another.