First Hello!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
garywatt
New

Re: First Hello!

Post by garywatt »

Karson

Nope, my tint is well and truly stuck down.

Gary
Karson3270
Silver Member

Post by Karson3270 »

I see, decided on any first mods yet?
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

garywatt wrote: Grey_polo, not sure what you mean about the rear quarter light. Back window heating elements may look enhanced due to the tint.
Gary
It may just be the light, but here's the back of my Spanish-built Polo. The rear window does look different:

Rich_T
Gold Member

Post by Rich_T »

Very nice looking cars guys!

Yikeeeess! Grey_Polo cant you get a oblong rear number plate for your car? That square one does not look right.
garywatt
New

Post by garywatt »

Hi all

My tints are very tinted if you ask me. You cannot see inside the car at all. Hope that's correct as I am no 'boy racer' Those days are gone :D

Mods, not sure what I can get...furry dice maybe :D might start off with number plates!

Gary
garywatt
New

Post by garywatt »

Hi again

Forgot to say that my missing chrome bits have now arrived at the dealer. Pretty quick....but should have been on the car in the first place!
Due to other stuff I have on I will not be able to get up there till the end of the month.

Gary
Karson3270
Silver Member

Post by Karson3270 »

Ahhhh! It's a shame! Was looking forward to seeing the chrome surround.

Rich_T I think that picture was taken in Switzerland, And I think the Polo is Swiss :)
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

Rich_T wrote:Yikeeeess! Grey_Polo cant you get a oblong rear number plate for your car? That square one does not look right.
Swiss back plates are available either in one line/oblong or two lines/near square. The plates stay with the driver and are paid for each year, like road tax in the UK - except if you don't pay, the police will remove the plates. More effective than a Guiness label in the window.

My plates on the Polo have been used on 4 cars so far, and yes they look a bit odd on the Polo. Next car I'll make sure they match better... :D
springbok
New

Post by springbok »

Hi All,

Took a few shots of my wifes new polo moda for another forum and thought I'd put them here as well.
She picked it up last week after long long wait.
We had a MKII Golf years ago in Tornado Red which really polished up well, hence going for the flash red in the Polo.

Just gave it a quick wash before taking the pics, no point in going mad this time of year.
garywatt
New

Post by garywatt »

Hello

Chrome bits now all added so my Polo is complete.

The replacement grille is a little different to the one I had on (apart from the chrome) so it looks like it was the basic base model bit's I had.

All sorted now :)

Cheers

Gary
smn88888
Getting There!

Post by smn88888 »

Hey

Just out of interest, do you know if the digital KM/H readout on display screen between the speedometers can be changed to MPH? i kinda miss having a digital speed read out :)

Si. x
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Reflex silver is usually boring but really suits the new Polo. Definately the best looking Polo as standard since the 6N2
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

smn88888 wrote:Hey

Just out of interest, do you know if the digital KM/H readout on display screen between the speedometers can be changed to MPH? i kinda miss having a digital speed read out :)

Si. x
It seems the digital display cannot be changed between KPH and MPH (or litres/100km and MPG). Certainly I can't find anything in the manual about it. Oddly the Climatronic heating/airconditioning can be switched from °C to °F and back by simply pressing two buttons at once...
davemoore4
New

Post by davemoore4 »

Nice pics. How did you post them? Having a little difficulty doing this.
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

davemoore4 wrote:Nice pics. How did you post them? Having a little difficulty doing this.
Click on the 'Img' button when posting a reply and then copy and paste the URL of your photo inbetween the [img]-[/img].
Simples 8)