Re: P mk4 Silver GTI :D

Post by Endi_GTI »

Hahahhaa yesss lad :lol:

P.S Im keeping it and you can weld the back ones shut :wink:
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Good to see another GTI around the area i saw this for sale in Callington & Liskeard. :) (parked in laybys whilst being up for sale) looking forwars to seeing some pics and updates of what you do to it. Also seeing at some local meets :)
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

P mk4 wrote:
Ashcroft wrote:nice to see another silver 3dr in plymouth area :)

theres more n more gti's turning up down here now, look forward to following progress of this and seeing it at some local meets soon :)
Cheers ashcroft :) yeah i will be attending the next meet :) miss vw meets :D
You on swdubs? On Facebook too? There's a Facebook group called Devon dubbers there's monthly meets in Exeter and soon to be monthly meets in Plymouth and also there's weekly mini meets/cruise nites which are usually a good laugh
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

Endi_GTI wrote:Hahahhaa yesss lad :lol:

P.S Im keeping it and you can weld the back ones shut :wink:
You like the bra ;) you can buy it off me if you want it mate :)

Trust me my welding isnt great id probably just put alot of holes in your car haha
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

You on swdubs? On Facebook too? There's a Facebook group called Devon dubbers there's monthly meets in Exeter and soon to be monthly meets in Plymouth and also there's weekly mini meets/cruise nites which are usually a good laugh[/quote]

Yeah im on sw dubz and i no of the facebook group more than likely attend most monthly meets and plymouth ones :

)
Lloydiexx wrote:Good to see another GTI around the area i saw this for sale in Callington & Liskeard. :) (parked in laybys whilst being up for sale) looking forwars to
seeing some pics and updates of what you do to it. Also seeing at some local meets :)
That is the one that i have bought :) needs abit of work but nothing to serious :)
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Sweet man join the Facebook group and you'll get all details of the meets :-)
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

So after looking at the bumper a couple of times i snapped and had to respray it :D

Began taking the bumper off then got suspicious when a couple screws were missing then soon realised the bumper had been off before :?
Whats missing ?

Yes the front light spray had been snapped off before savage :(

managed to get it off pretty easily parked up next to the caddy :D and ready for prep work for spraying i also didnt see the point of filling the numberplate holes and just left them :)

Came out pretty well couple of small marks which will annoy me but its alot better than it was before :)

joe2612
Gold Member

Re: P mk4 Silver GTI :D Sprayinggg

Post by joe2612 »

Looks nice mate did you use a compressor to spray? Remember who you are now i was with Matt when we went to a meet last year ... was taking pics of the white caddy on the move lol
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

joe2612 wrote:Looks nice mate did you use a compressor to spray? Remember who you are now i was with Matt when we went to a meet last year ... was taking pics of the white caddy on the move lol
Yea used a compressor and a make shift booth :lol:

Areeeee yeah nice to hear from you :) you down this way at the moment ? Hows the polo ?

You loved the effort i went through to take pics :lol:
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Yeah mine is going alright, how did the spraying turn out in terms of finish and colour match?
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

joe2612 wrote:Yeah mine is going alright, how did the spraying turn out in terms of finish and colour match?
Dont ask ! :lol:

It came out slightly blue compared to the original paint i went with the vw colour code but it comes down to whoever mixed it really more yellow in the paint would have been nice :(

gave the bonnet a clay bar t-cut , fine cut polish and hd wax and it has come up slightly closer to the bumper but unsure where to go from here :( more than likely another respray :(
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Welcome!

Sorry I'm a bit late, I haven't been on much lately 8)

Looks like a good start :D
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

Silver is the hardest colour in the world to match, hope you can get it close to the original paintwork but i know from experience that this is a major ball ache.

I ended up having my whole car resprayed.
P mk4
Bronze Member

Post by P mk4 »

neilGTI wrote:Silver is the hardest colour in the world to match, hope you can get it close to the original paintwork but i know from experience that this is a major ball ache.

I ended up having my whole car resprayed.
I no it is really bugging me metallic spraying is hidious i tried to spray the whole bumper in one direction but it does look different :(

Im tempted to take my fuel cap off and get that matched to see if i can get more accurate paint but if it comes to it more than likely take it to a friends spray shop and get it done :(
neilGTI
Gold Member

Post by neilGTI »

I had a car roll into my rear bumper a few years back and had to have the bumper resprayed, it went to an insurance body shop and even they couldn't match the paint, they tried blending the paint into the rear quarter and it left the passenger door looking a different colour. No matter how many times they tried to resolve it, they couldn't get it to match and gave up.

I left it about a year or two and it was driving me mad so had the whole car painted.