Footwell lights

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
scobb
New

Re: Footwell lights

Post by scobb »

I just picked up my brand new MY13 Polo GTI and was very surprised to discover it does not have footwell lights installed. My MY12 Polo TSI that I just traded against the GTI has them as standard. Did the GTI never have them? Or is it a cost saving measure in the newest cars? Seems weird to me that the top of the line car would be less well equipped than the lesser TSI.
scobb
New

Post by scobb »

trigg123 wrote:Are there footwell lights in the gti 6r? Can they be done?
Cheers trigg
They are not installed in my new MY13 GTI 6r. I'm quite disappointed in this, as they were fitted as standard to my older, "lesser" MY12 TSI.
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

It is strange but VWUK choose what accessories goes where... I've installed some and can only really notice then at night!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Last edited by ciclo on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

OK guys, quick question (I think).

In my latest version of elsawin, it shows the footwell lights simply tapping into the interior light circuit (as mentioned above), with no connections whatsoever to the BCM module.

Now here's the question. Some people said that when they wired to the BCM module, the lights were on all the time. In my Scirocco, the is an option on the instrument computer to alter the dimming of the footwell lights whilst driving, from completely off (0%) to any brightness in between 100% (in my Rocco, I have them set to 35% brightness). Now, as most Polos have the non high-line dash (I.e. full central computer), they wouldn't be able to alter the brightness, which is why I'm thinking they were on all the time. However in a GTI or Blue GT, which seems to have the same computer as the Scirocco, could this be an option in the central computer to control the dimming, if its connected via the BCM module.

I think what I am trying to say is, the footwell lighting in connection via the BCM version, is this just for GTI / Blue GT models that have the right dash to control them, and the standard tap into the interior light circuit version for all other Polo's with the lower line dash insert (if that makes sense) ?

Also, anyone got a link to the Kufatec instructions, as I purchased the harness from them but it didn't come with any instructions.
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

for instructions it's on the website under downloads fill in the details and i assume that they send you a link http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Volksw ... =anleitung
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

If you connect the circuit closing pin 4 this completes the circuit by the door switch.

If you just connect the positive to pin 65 and close the circuit at any point the lights will remain always on.

Is not possible (to my knowledge) set brightness of footwell lights in the instrument cluster MFA +, either the BlueGT or GTI.

Please, if you know something else with Kufatec instructions let me know. Thank you.

...Edited scheme in the previous post ... :mrgreen:
Gannu
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI 105 PS

Post by Gannu »

I am planning to get a pair of footwell lights installed in my 6R GT. I doubt if there is a slot for the footwell lamp on the co-driver side but I did notice a hole for the driver side.
Eddie-gt wrote:The footwell lights are wired into the interior light dash loom
Should we run a harness to the cabin lamp on top all the way from the footwell location for this? Or is there a tap anywhere near the BCM?
Eddie-gt wrote:The golf is easier as it has it's own pin location and is switched on in the coding on the bcm
I read on multiple locations that folks have inserted a harness into B7 slot in the connector. Can this not be done on the Polo 6R and the option be enabled using VAG-COM? Or is this disabled for the Polo completely?
Eddie-gt wrote:2x 7L0 947 415 lights
Can we use part number 5ND 947 415 instead of 7L0 947 415? I am guessing we can since this appears to be a different variant of the footwell lamp.

AliExpress has plenty of these rather than the 7L0 type (Eg. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Orig ... 91536.html)

Please let me know! I am eager to carry out the DIY myself once I get my doubts sorted out. :)
Gannu
New

Post by Gannu »

Here is a snap from the driver side, below the steering area:

That hole I presume is for the footwell light. However, I am unable to find a similar slot for the co-driver side below the glovebox area. I did check a couple of times.

Can someone please help me with a snap of the footwell light (or the slot) at the co-driver side? Thanks!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Gannu
New

Post by Gannu »

ciclo wrote:Is attached to the glovebox.

http://box359.listingfactoryhosting.org ... _large.jpg
Thank you for the response! I just checked the underneath of the glovebox but it appears the glovebox design for the Polo here is a bit different from what is sold in the EU perhaps. There is no compartment like that in the image. And the slot for the footwell light is also missing. :(

I can't find the co-driver side footwell light in this image either:

Could you please tell me where you wired the positive terminal to? Did you connect it to the cabin light or B7 in the connector of the CECM? I can't send you a PM regarding this. :(
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

It's the same lamp for both sides. I have connected mine to the roof light so it turns on with the cabine light. :)
Gannu
New

Post by Gannu »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:It's the same lamp for both sides. I have connected mine to the roof light so it turns on with the cabine light. :)
Well, that looks like the easiest option by far but if there's one through the CECM module wiring, I'd like to know that as well. :)

We don't have the slot for the co-driver side footwell light so the only option is to screw it somewhere behind the glovebox using a plastic/acrylic DIY L-type connector.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

To connect the interior lights is on connector A of the BCM.
- Positive PIN T73a/65
- Ground PIN T73a/4.

In the images of ETKA is not necessary that all parts are represented.
In the definition gets the amount.

The reference number for RHD (Europe) glove compartment is 6R2857101L. (2010-2015)
Gannu
New

Post by Gannu »

ciclo wrote:To connect the interior lights is on connector A of the BCM.
- Positive PIN T73a/65
- Ground PIN T73a/4.
Thank you. I can relate to the wiring diagram you have posted before.

Did some Google searching and found out the Kufatec Instructions Manual for the footwell lighting - http://www.bilkomponenter.no/users/kufa ... glisch.pdf

Clearly mentioned on sheet #8:

And on #9:

This is inline with what ciclo had posted before. Thank you very much! :)

I shall give it a thought on how to go about executing this - either connect it to the cabin light terminal or to the BCM connector.