Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JCannon
New
Drives: Polo R Line 1.2 TSI

Re: Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Post by JCannon »

Yeah it is mate.

You can get the centre section of the GTI exhaust pipe for about £60ish including the clamps from VW.

i can get you part numbers if you like as I work there :D
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Would the centre section make any difference? May just get a gti cat back of ebay. Will just need a gti rear bumper or retro fit the rear valance to my bumper with it being a twin exit.
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

I'd say so as the centre section of the R-Line has a silencer, where as the only silencer of the whole GTI is the back box, the rest is just straight through pipe

Yeah modify the rear valance (cheapest option) :D
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Have to becareful though cos i think GTI standard pipe is 2.5" and R-line 1.2 tsi is only 2"?

Correct me if i am wrong.
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

you're right yes but I've seen a direct swap for a GTI exhaust done and no other mods except the valance were done :)
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

I've actually been speaking to the guys at Revolution 247 in Newcastle, they can supply a 6r GTI milltek centre section with the relevant size change adapters and deliver it for £160 which I am seriously thinking about! :D :twisted:
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

Poss group buy?? Bet they dont do a back box with just a single instead of twin exit?
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

unfortunately not! :(
Mayhem
Silver Member

Post by Mayhem »

If you do it post a video up so we can see how much difference it makes :mrgreen:
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Hi I have got a polo 6r GT is there an induction kit out there at the moment for my car. I have changed the panel filter to a k&n but am looking to have a remap in the coming weeks.
Thanks
Dan
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

Hi Dan,

Demon Tweeks list http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... mic-airbox as for the BlueGT

Hope that helps!

Jordan :D
smrtnvr
New
Drives: R Line 1.2 TSI

Post by smrtnvr »

Hi
I have a Polo R-Line 1.2 TSI, I was wondering what mods I could do to make the car sound louder.
Please could someone link me to air filters, backboxes etc and or any other accessories in order to achieve this.
Also, I am thinking of lowering the car but not too sure which springs to get as my knowledge for cars is currently growing with my experience as this is my first car.
Any help would be great!
Thanks!!!
JCannon
New

Post by JCannon »

Hi,

Not a bad car for your first!

I'd start with lowering springs, i got mine off eBay, roughly £160 and it sits at a reasonably lower height, anything mega low you're better off with coilovers.

As for sound, you're best to do something with your exhaust. Either d-cat/straight pipe/backbox/ full system. I've got a cherry bomb back box (also off eBay :D ) and got my local exhaust centre to cut and fit it for me. Gives a good deep tone without it being stupidly loud!

If you're looking at air filters you can either buy a replacement panel filter from pipercross, k&n, etc. or fit an induction kit (forge are the only one who do one for the 1.2 tsi so far) or a blow off valve (also forge).

On the other hand, take off the lid of your air box and get a ramair cone filter or similar brand with a 75mm pipe >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/27131990 ... crdt=0[url][/url] width and slip it on the end of the intake pipe and that'll give you the same effect for a fraction of the price!

These can be quite expensive, but i suppose it all depends on how much you're wanting to put in to the car!

As for installing the bits above, knowing people in the trade or people who have good knowledge is a big help! :D