Acoustic Locking Sound

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Acoustic Locking Sound

Post by Andy Beats »

jdunstone16 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm Surely it can't be illegal for an acoustic sound as my parent works for Jaguar and has a 19 plate that beeps when locked and that has an alarm.
Here's the construction and use ruling.

Use of audible warning instruments
99.—(1) Subject to the following paragraphs, no person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, any horn, gong, bell or siren fitted to or carried on a vehicle which is—
(a)stationary on a road, at any time, other than at times of danger due to another moving vehicle on or near the road; or .

An alarm is an audible warning instrument, 'we' are not allowed to sound any horn/gong/bell when stationary = no alarm beep or chirp.
The alarm being triggered in the event of a break in covered further down the ruling and is allowed.
No offence, but if you don't think it's illegal then why are the majority of bleeps switched off in the UK, when it's just as easy for them to be switched on? :?:
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Does that mean that the taxi drivers blaring horns to let their customers know they've arrived is illegal? If so I wish they knew that!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

vc-10 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 am Does that mean that the taxi drivers blaring horns to let their customers know they've arrived is illegal? If so I wish they knew that!
Absolutely.
Grumpyolman
New
Drives: 2017 Polo 1.0 TSI SEL

Post by Grumpyolman »

jdunstone16 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm Surely it can't be illegal for an acoustic sound as my parent works for Jaguar and has a 19 plate that beeps when locked and that has an alarm.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding VAGCOM and OBDEleven guys
Hi jdunstone16,

Did you ever find out how to do this?
I’m searching through VCDS for correct location to enable this in the MFD car menu to show the option on screen. Needle in a haystack search.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

Which infotainmentscreen do you have?
MIB2 or MIB3?