Polo gti mods

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Re: Polo gti mods

Post by stuartrendall »

vs_gti wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 pm
stuartrendall wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:50 pm
vs_gti wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:47 pm
Do you think its worth getting a res delete on the stock exhaust or do i just go straight to the milltek? Also, would love to hear yours once youve had all the work done!
I think it could be worth a res delete first as it is relatively inexpensive but my route will be to go straight to a Milltek exhaust system. I have already purchased the system but need to book it in at a local Milltek authorised garage to have it fitted when I get time.
Yeah mate think ill start with a res delete then go from there. Dont think there will be a massive difference and especially when i get it mapped with pops and bangs, it wont sound too bad ahah
You'll have to let us know how it sounds if you do :D
RichTea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo blue GT - 170BHP - 320nm

Post by RichTea »

vs_gti wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:23 am Hi,

So essentially im wanting to get some mods done to my 2019 polo gti. This is the opf/gpf model so is very quiet. Im not sure about what mods to get done so would love some recommendations. Mainly want more noise however ive also looked at a stage 1 remap with dsg and pops+bangs. Has anyone has a decat done whilst keeping the opf? How does it compare to a res delete? What other exhaust mods have helped increase the sound produced? Mainly wanting more pops and bangs and louder dsg farts.

Thank you all!
i know a few people who went for just a res delete and have felt disappointed. I doesn't make hardly any difference, much better off going with a back box delete first
vs_gti
New
Drives: Gti +

Post by vs_gti »

stuartrendall wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:55 pm
vs_gti wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 pm
stuartrendall wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:50 pm

I think it could be worth a res delete first as it is relatively inexpensive but my route will be to go straight to a Milltek exhaust system. I have already purchased the system but need to book it in at a local Milltek authorised garage to have it fitted when I get time.
Yeah mate think ill start with a res delete then go from there. Dont think there will be a massive difference and especially when i get it mapped with pops and bangs, it wont sound too bad ahah
You'll have to let us know how it sounds if you do :D

So i had the res delete, stage 1 ecu and dsg tune done with a pop and bangs map safe enough for the cat and opf, sounds amazing. Got a post on my insta vs_gti which shows how it sounds with the work done if you want to check it out. Will be posting more flybys hearing the crackles soon!
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

vs_gti wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:17 pm So i had the res delete, stage 1 ecu and dsg tune done with a pop and bangs map safe enough for the cat and opf, sounds amazing. Got a post on my insta vs_gti which shows how it sounds with the work done if you want to check it out. Will be posting more flybys hearing the crackles soon!
I have already seen it, sounds like it should now :D