6r 5 door petrol boot won't open

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SilverPolo6R
New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2026 5:03 pm
Drives: Polo 6R
Location: UK

Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open

Post by SilverPolo6R »

Hi all,

I was wondering if you found the cause @Dyslexia6R? I am facing the same issue currently.

Many thanks!
Kaykay
New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:15 pm
Drives: 2006
Location: Manchester

Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open

Post by Kaykay »

Hi

Having the same issue. I'd just like to comfirm something.

When testing for continuity on the emblem/handle this should beep on my multimeter indicating continuity, I don't need to open the handle whilst testing(current should still pass)?

I'm finding neither the original part or the second hand replacement "beep".
amer6R
Platinum Member
Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:57 am
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI
Location: budget build

Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open

Post by amer6R »

Kaykay wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:10 pm Hi

Having the same issue. I'd just like to comfirm something.

When testing for continuity on the emblem/handle this should beep on my multimeter indicating continuity, I don't need to open the handle whilst testing(current should still pass)?

I'm finding neither the original part or the second hand replacement "beep".
when you pull the handle to open the lid, it should beep. (one lead of multimeter on pin 1 of emblem other lead of multimeter on pin 2 of emblem).


If it beeps while the emblem is closed its not ok


---------------
You can connect the battery , disconnect the lid button from the loom and use a paperclip to bridge the two pins on the loom and see if that will pop the trunk. if this happens the lid button is faulty
Flinny1
New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:18 pm
Drives: Polo 2015 6R
Location: London

Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open

Post by Flinny1 »

Hello
Did you find the solution to this boot not opening problem? I have exactly the same problem and cannot solve it. The parts are all good , multimeter tells me all good.
Any information gratefully received.
Thank you.
Paul Flinn
Post Reply