Page 2 of 2
Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2026 5:08 pm
by SilverPolo6R
Hi all,
I was wondering if you found the cause @Dyslexia6R? I am facing the same issue currently.
Many thanks!
Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:10 pm
by Kaykay
Hi
Having the same issue. I'd just like to comfirm something.
When testing for continuity on the emblem/handle this should beep on my multimeter indicating continuity, I don't need to open the handle whilst testing(current should still pass)?
I'm finding neither the original part or the second hand replacement "beep".
Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 4:09 pm
by amer6R
Kaykay wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:10 pm
Hi
Having the same issue. I'd just like to comfirm something.
When testing for continuity on the emblem/handle this should beep on my multimeter indicating continuity, I don't need to open the handle whilst testing(current should still pass)?
I'm finding neither the original part or the second hand replacement "beep".
when you pull the handle to open the lid, it should beep. (one lead of multimeter on pin 1 of emblem other lead of multimeter on pin 2 of emblem).
If it beeps while the emblem is closed its not ok
---------------
You can connect the battery , disconnect the lid button from the loom and use a paperclip to bridge the two pins on the loom and see if that will pop the trunk. if this happens the lid button is faulty
Re: 6r 5 door petrol boot won't open
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:22 pm
by Flinny1
Hello
Did you find the solution to this boot not opening problem? I have exactly the same problem and cannot solve it. The parts are all good , multimeter tells me all good.
Any information gratefully received.
Thank you.
Paul Flinn