TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Spanner Monkey
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.4 TDI SE

Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash

Post by Spanner Monkey »

Morning guys, thank you both for getting back to me and with such detailed responses. This kind of info is why I joined this forum in the first place! I will contact a local VW dealer and explain the situation as you have described. If they are willing to submit a tech request to VW mothership then I’ll give them the car to repair. Unfortunately, I’ve not got a great relationship with the local VW dealer so I think this will be a job for one further afield. (I submitted a complaint after they tried to swindle me into a new timing belt that wasn’t required). I will keep you updated with how things go, hopefully the info in this thread can help others who encounter this fault in the future.
Spanner Monkey
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.4 TDI SE

Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash

Post by Spanner Monkey »

Hi everyone, just thought I’d give you an update as I appear to have had some success. Last Saturday I removed the rear ABS sensors and gave both them and the contacts a good clean with contact cleaner. I then used the handheld diagnostic tool to clear the fault code and re-calibrated the tyre pressure system via the infotainment screen. Since doing this, the TPMS error hasn’t come back. Whether this is due to me cleaning the sensors or re-calibrating it a number of times I honestly don’t know. I just wanted to share this in case it proves useful for others to experience this fault.