Clock and trip reset itself?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Relay
New
Drives: GTi+

Re: Clock and trip reset itself?

Post by Relay »

It is doing it more often now so I will be calling the local dealer to see if they can provide a software update.
Not sure if I will be charged for this though, I expect so.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Relay wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:58 pm It is doing it more often now so I will be calling the local dealer to see if they can provide a software update.
It’s a known problem as there’s a TPI (Technical Product Information) update to rectify it; see Alan_p71’s post - bottom of page 1 of this discussion thread. Therefore IMHO you shouldn’t be charged.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:13 pm
Relay wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:58 pm It is doing it more often now so I will be calling the local dealer to see if they can provide a software update.
It’s a known problem as there’s a TPI (Technical Product Information) update to rectify it; see Alan_p71’s post - bottom of page 1 of this discussion thread. Therefore IMHO you shouldn’t be charged.
I have mentioned this problem to my dealer for the last two years and they still have not updated my software.
Relay
New

Post by Relay »

It is being collected by the dealer on Friday. They are taking it in and checking it out free of charge.
Let's hope they update it
Relay
New

Post by Relay »

Dealer took it and tried doing a software update but it would get half way and kick it out. Getting the car back and they will try again on Thursday 😞
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

I have found lot of the time it’s all reset is self after I have refuelled the car. I fill up with fuel reset the trip computer drive home and the next time I use the car everything has been reset.