Had car 10 days, first warranty claim to start

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Had car 10 days, first warranty claim to start

Post by SRGTD »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:14 am I think VW being a large company is a bit more tolerable to passing through warranty claims, I had a minor engine leak which was detected just a week outside of the standard warranty, and VW Chelmsford said under gesture of goodwill they will cover the repair (it didn’t go in for that and I was not even aware of the engine oil leak!) they did have it for 2 weeks mind. I’m glad you got your car sorted, nothing more annoying than a new car with even the slightest imperfection!
I’m of the opposite opinion with regard to VW’s approach to warranty claims. Since Dieselgate, based on discussions and feedback from forum members on other VW forums VW seem to take a much firmer line with regard to warranty claims these days.

Any offer of goodwill is normally funded by the dealer, not VW, so it’s highly likely VW Chelmsford would have covered the cost of repairing your oil leak.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:43 am
Harrihealey02 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:14 am I think VW being a large company is a bit more tolerable to passing through warranty claims, I had a minor engine leak which was detected just a week outside of the standard warranty, and VW Chelmsford said under gesture of goodwill they will cover the repair (it didn’t go in for that and I was not even aware of the engine oil leak!) they did have it for 2 weeks mind. I’m glad you got your car sorted, nothing more annoying than a new car with even the slightest imperfection!
I’m of the opposite opinion with regard to VW’s approach to warranty claims. Since Dieselgate, based on discussions and feedback from forum members on other VW forums VW seem to take a much firmer line with regard to warranty claims these days.

Any offer of goodwill is normally funded by the dealer, not VW, so it’s highly likely VW Chelmsford would have covered the cost of repairing your oil leak.
I tend to agree with your viewpoint, it is the dealer who looks after the client (and wants to sell you a new car every 3 years). The manufacture on the other hand cant be asked to deal with issues.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

From my experience and a lot of warranty claims, I’ve had 2 faults covered under good will, one was a nail which puncture the tire and was causing a slow leak, and VW dartford said that would be covered under good will - it originally went in for a defective air vent - this was only 2 weeks into having the car. Then the second time was the oil leak just after 3 years old. It must have been luck that they treated me with the good will :D my new car has “touch wood” not had any problems and is really reliable so far!