Help needed for Cluster swap on a Polo 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
POLOZ
Gold Member

Re: Help needed for Cluster swap on a Polo 6C

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:53 pm I don't think it's possible to read it: https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Where-is-the ... K7-Cluster
Oh dear looks like am out of luck :)
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

Anybody have a guide on how to retrofit lowline camera? I got the wiring but there is no instructions on where the wiring goes?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

All sorted and got the RVC working.

Wiring was very easy

VCDS just 1 tick to get it working
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Well done. This means all your problems solved?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

iichel wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:41 pm Well done. This means all your problems solved?
Thanks iichel

Yes all problems solved. Am much happy with the DSG after changing the hub. Car cruises absolutely fine and goes into D7 on Highway.

If am keeping car then will add F/R parking sensors
mubmoh
New
Drives: 6C 2014

Post by mubmoh »

POLOZ wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:03 pm Well finally sorted out the cluster :) Ended up getting 6C0920940A and a very kind gentlemen came and sorted out the coding. Correct speed output is now shown :D

No errors or faults in VCDS
Hi mate,

I am looking to do the same procedure. I right now have a cluster in KMH and would like to purchase one in MPH. Did you just buy a used mph cluster on eBay, then get it adjusted for your car? I am worried about the immobiliser's not matching and the vehicles milage being lost/confused. If possible could you link me to this gentleman you used?

Many thanks

Also I think you can read the EEPROM on your old cluster, you need to read it directly off the processor, this can be done using a device such as Xprog. Let me know your old clusters part number and maybe I can clarify a bit more.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

mubmoh wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:13 am
POLOZ wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:03 pm Well finally sorted out the cluster :) Ended up getting 6C0920940A and a very kind gentlemen came and sorted out the coding. Correct speed output is now shown :D

No errors or faults in VCDS
Hi mate,

I am looking to do the same procedure. I right now have a cluster in KMH and would like to purchase one in MPH. Did you just buy a used mph cluster on eBay, then get it adjusted for your car? I am worried about the immobiliser's not matching and the vehicles milage being lost/confused. If possible could you link me to this gentleman you used?

Many thanks

Also I think you can read the EEPROM on your old cluster, you need to read it directly off the processor, this can be done using a device such as Xprog. Let me know your old clusters part number and maybe I can clarify a bit more.
Hi Pal, yes I bought a used Cluster from Ebay that matched the vehicle in question.

You will need somebody with Online access tool i.e. ODIS. My recommendation will be to find somebody local who can do the swap for you and is experienced.

I was mislead many times by a person in wales and I wasted time going back and forth.