New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
samb1992
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by samb1992 »

pick my GTI up friday ! cant wait will upload vids and pics!

quick question, anyone know if its possible to have sensors fitted (parking?) starting to regret not opting for them originally
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

samb1992 wrote:pick my GTI up friday ! cant wait will upload vids and pics!

quick question, anyone know if its possible to have sensors fitted (parking?) starting to regret not opting for them originally
U really don't need em m8. Easy to park
DelB
Getting There!
Drives: 65 plate Polo GTI

Post by DelB »

Received an e-mail with a 'status update' from VW this morning, saying that my car is confirmed for build week beginning 2nd November. For weeks it's been down as THIS week and when I checked the tracker online it's still saying 26th October. I'm assuming that the online tracker isn't hugely accurate??? :(
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

DelB wrote:Received an e-mail with a 'status update' from VW this morning, saying that my car is confirmed for build week beginning 2nd November. For weeks it's been down as THIS week and when I checked the tracker online it's still saying 26th October. I'm assuming that the online tracker isn't hugely accurate??? :(
I have similar. In the past few days I have received two emails from Volkswagen Vehicle Delivery Tracker saying that the build week is confirmed fro 23 November but when I check the online tracker is says that the build week is confirmed for 16 November.
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

myself and everyone else had exactly the same, my build week was correct on the tracker and the email they sent was wrong.
Sjl84
New
Drives: 1.8 gti

Post by Sjl84 »

I had the same this morning,

Ordered car 20/09
2/10 stage 3 build week confirmed as 26/10
Dealer has sent 2 emails confirming this
Today receive email from vw saying its progressed to stage 3... build week confirmed as 2/11 :( , tracker still says 26/09.
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

I got my order no / tracking no emailed to me a couple of days after they placed the order, I'd chase up with the dealer to make sure they have actually placed it and get your order no, if they've placed the order it'll only take a minute to get you the tracking no

Thursday can't come soon enough for me!

Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

My status changed to In Transit on 10th and I got the text to let me know. Got another text today to say status has changed to In Transit again. Weird. Tweeted VW to ask what's happening but no reply yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

Pavel wrote:Image

My status changed to In Transit on 10th and I got the text to let me know. Got another text today to say status has changed to In Transit again. Weird. Tweeted VW to ask what's happening but no reply yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got quite a few duplicate notifications towards the end, got one this morning for stage 7 even though I had that one last week
DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

JackM_24 wrote:myself and everyone else had exactly the same, my build week was correct on the tracker and the email they sent was wrong.
Good to hear - thanks mate. :)
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

duffman wrote:I got my order no / tracking no emailed to me a couple of days after they placed the order, I'd chase up with the dealer to make sure they have actually placed it and get your order no, if they've placed the order it'll only take a minute to get you the tracking no
[/img]
I have an order number on the paperwork, it starts 48* * * * * I assume this is just for the dealership though?
DelB
Getting There!

Post by DelB »

nats148 wrote:
duffman wrote:I got my order no / tracking no emailed to me a couple of days after they placed the order, I'd chase up with the dealer to make sure they have actually placed it and get your order no, if they've placed the order it'll only take a minute to get you the tracking no
[/img]
I have an order number on the paperwork, it starts 48* * * * * I assume this is just for the dealership though?
Sounds like it. The tracking number should be an 8 digit code starting with a 2.
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Re the parking sensors. I have the front and rear sensors with camera. Of course I can park without em but boy i didn't half miss them when I had a totally silent polo 1.2 as a courtesy car.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

DelB wrote:
nats148 wrote:
[/img]
Sounds like it. The tracking number should be an 8 digit code starting with a 2.
Thought so :(
duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

nats148 wrote:
DelB wrote:
nats148 wrote:
Thought so :(
Yeah 8 digits starting with a 2, I'd speak to your dealer or failing that VW Customer services have been very helpful with me in the past. At least if there's a dealers order no then its been ordered and the balls rolling with it