New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Re: New GTI

Post by Deejbb »

duffman wrote:Im sure its been mentioned, but what oil temps are advised to get it up to before putting your foot down?
Personally I wait until it's 75+ degrees
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

Mine's arrived in the UK apparently. Hopefully be at the dealer next week. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

jacksb7 wrote:I've started getting a little pop the first time I change from Media to Radio or vice versa after starting the car up. I know that there was a guy on here who's Polo went into the garage regarding this....I just want to check if it means anything other than there literally potentially just being a small pop once a journey?
Welcome to the club. I've had a new media system under warranty and it still does it. I'm certain vw are aware of the issue, not so sure they know how to resolve it.
When I took it back in for the tech guy to listen to it behaved itself. Typical. It has also done it when I use voice activation .
Will take it back in soon.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
JH3894
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by JH3894 »

duffman wrote:Im sure its been mentioned, but what oil temps are advised to get it up to before putting your foot down?
I've typically been waiting till it settles itself out at about 103 degrees
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

I've just got the key case Andy was linking. It makes the key a little bit thicker, but the feel and look is worth it. It's really good quality and fits perfectly.

Sorry for picture quality!

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Another satisfied customer lol
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Andy4791 wrote:Another satisfied customer lol
Hope you're on commission. Should help pay for your next GTI ;)

Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Very true m8.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Any one getting pops from there exhaust when booting it on???
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

rm55mcc wrote:Any one getting pops from there exhaust when booting it on???
Yes I have mentioned it plenty of times. Some have said what pops?! There are pops a plenty at times.

duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

Just picked mine up :D

Unfortunately very wet and dark here so just drove it home slowly and had a play about with a few things inside when parked up.

Loving the car, exterior looks class and interior is very nice too. Quick play about with the media system looks good too much more responsive than the one I had in my old car.

As I say didn't get chance to drive it properly so will reserve judgement, but teased the throttle a few times and get the sense it'll be some fun!

One quick pic, going to get some proper ones at the weekend in the light

jacksb7
Getting There!

Post by jacksb7 »

I'm another who's received the key case today, cheers for the heads up Andy it's superb. Decent protection and really jazzes up the relatively boring looking key.

@JohnPolo, do the speaker pops actually do any damage or is it just an irritant?

Annoyingly my Polo still has the squeaking at very low speeds, I'm 750 miles in now would have hoped it would have stopped by now.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

jacksb7 wrote:I'm another who's received the key case today, cheers for the heads up Andy it's superb. Decent protection and really jazzes up the relatively boring looking key.

@JohnPolo, do the speaker pops actually do any damage or is it just an irritant?

Annoyingly my Polo still has the squeaking at very low speeds, I'm 750 miles in now would have hoped it would have stopped by now.
The squeak from the brakes m8, yeah mine still has it too. No probs on the key case, love a trawl of eBay lol
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

jacksb7 wrote:I'm another who's received the key case today, cheers for the heads up Andy it's superb. Decent protection and really jazzes up the relatively boring looking key.

it's a pop that doesn't sound good and not doing the speakers much good

also get weird speaker fade as the unit comes on or swaps between sources
jacksb7
Getting There!

Post by jacksb7 »

Andy4791 wrote:

The squeak from the brakes m8, yeah mine still has it too. No probs on the key case, love a trawl of eBay lol
No, I find it when I'm rolling or in first gear doing no speeds at all. Generally find that whenever I touch the breaks the sound stops actually.