New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 »

Just tracked my order. Says my build date is 11th March confirmed. So deffo want take delivery until April/May. Means I will have waited 14months for that dam car.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

It is great little car :) I hope you will be happy :)
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

So today was meant to be the day to pick my gti up was going at 1 got call at 12 saying come at 4, on my way there and now there saying that there is a coding fault or something with my car and I need wait another 7 days I swear all they do is take the p*** out of us
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

gonk1959 wrote:Can someone please enlighten me? see alot of ref to a "tracker app" to see where there car is in the build fiasco? How do I go about getting this app ?
Ordered my plus last March, still no sign of it. current Polo had its MOT few weeks ago and the cheeky bar-stewards at my dealership said "dont worry we will take care of any works that need doing to pass it " lol. You damm right there !!!
I think for those of us who have been waiting an eternity realise that 'first come first served' doesn't translate in South Africa.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Troyj369 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 pm So today was meant to be the day to pick my gti up was going at 1 got call at 12 saying come at 4, on my way there and now there saying that there is a coding fault or something with my car and I need wait another 7 days I swear all they do is take the p*** out of us
I'd ask for a look. 7 days to recode the car? I'd be wondering if they've pranged/scuffed it and need time to repair or replace a part.
Troyj369
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Troyj369 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:01 pm
Troyj369 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:50 pm So today was meant to be the day to pick my gti up was going at 1 got call at 12 saying come at 4, on my way there and now there saying that there is a coding fault or something with my car and I need wait another 7 days I swear all they do is take the p*** out of us
I'd ask for a look. 7 days to recode the car? I'd be wondering if they've pranged/scuffed it and need time to repair or replace a part.
I’ve got the video now and shows the hole car everything I can see looks fine but the quality isn’t great
sheff
New
Drives: Golf

Post by sheff »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am I have a confirmed build week of 25th March. I handed over a deposit early October but VW weren't taking GTI orders, the order was placed by the dealership early November when VWUK started taking orders. So a Nov order getting built March is possible, although you should have had your build week notification by now of it will be built in March. If you ring VW Customer services, they can provide an estimated build week (subject to change) if you have your 8 digit tracker number to hand.
Ok, thanks. Not totally impossible yet then!

Cheers
sheff
New
Drives: Golf

Post by sheff »

@gonk1959 - I can't reply to your DM for some reason, but the tracker app is here - https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

Cheers
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

peter007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am So, got under my car today, we are starting to make catback, but its going to be very hard because od this HUGE GPF.... so basically this is why everyone is waiting for their orders....

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Please tell me the GPF isn’t in the same section of pipe as the flex and cat, like it is with the diesel. As the DPF, flex pipe and Cat on the diesel are all welded in the front section pipe which costs £1400 for that piece alone!!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ Hopefully that section of exhaust has some decent corrosion resistance rather than being mild steel, considering the cost of the hardware attached to it.
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

Nora wrote:
peter007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am So, got under my car today, we are starting to make catback, but its going to be very hard because od this HUGE GPF.... so basically this is why everyone is waiting for their orders....

Please tell me the GPF isn’t in the same section of pipe as the flex and cat, like it is with the diesel. As the DPF, flex pipe and Cat on the diesel are all welded in the front section pipe which costs £1400 for that piece alone!!
The whole downpipe including cat, flex pipe and gpf are one.... when there will be remap availible I am taking this out definetly. Tomorrow I will have ready first gpf-back exhaust for this car :) we’ll if anything happens...

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Peter, can you take a picture of your engine? I'd like to see if the GPF equipped WLTP compliant GTI engine has lost its dual injection system to go direct only. That has happened on the slightly different Golf GTI PP and R engines that lost indirect (Port) injection much earlier in 2018, and gained GPF at the same time.

My pre WLTP GTI+ still has dual (MPI) injection, but I have another GTI+ on order for the wife that will be built in March that may or may not have dual injection based on whether you have.

Why is dual injection relevant? Well indirect injection gives a smoother cold idle and cold low speed driving than direct injection alone. The indirect injection also keeps the cylinder head port valves from coking up (a lot of direct injection only cars suffer from this).

There's a big debate thread on this potential future issue in the Golf GTI forum.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

Sure, I will take some photos tomorrow no problem :)

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hi Peter,

Here's a picture of my pre-WLTP, with the port valve (indirect) injection components highlighted. If you don't have these then WLTP compliant GTI engines don't have the MPI. Would be good, to see the comparison.

peter007
Getting There!

Post by peter007 »

monkeyhanger wrote:Hi Peter,

Here's a picture of my pre-WLTP, with the port valve (indirect) injection components highlighted. If you don't have these then WLTP compliant GTI engines don't have the MPI. Would be good, to see the comparison.

To be honest for me it looks the same, because just yesterday I was taking the cover off...