New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by rooneys »

I ordered my polo gti ,+ on the first day it was available to order. No sign of a build date yet! The dealer said it must be the options I selected. Grey, brescia alloys, sat Nav, climate. Anyone had a similar response from vw?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Once our car is built and is on its way I will get the ships name from VW and I can track it on a webpage I have found so will be able to tell where it stops and for how long.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

rooneys wrote:I ordered my polo gti ,+ on the first day it was available to order. No sign of a build date yet! The dealer said it must be the options I selected. Grey, brescia alloys, sat Nav, climate. Anyone had a similar response from vw?
I'm in the same position as you, though ordered 3rd week of january.
I have the same options as you plus sunroof and some other stuff.
I've been told an unconfirmed build week starting the first week of August, so I'd get it as the reg plate and manufacturer build year changes.
The dealer told me compensation is being discussed as its an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a car.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Those who have a build week, did you receive an email from VW confirming this?

I like several others here is still waiting for info despite ordering on the 30th Jan, and due to the number of options picked seem to have a long lead time.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^^ You'll find with "compensation" that VWUK will bully the dealership into providing something free that won't cost them a hell of a lot, but you'd be charged a lot for it - like Lifeshine or a free valet next time you're in need of one. Not the dealership's fault, but they'll feel the pinch, not VWUK.

Worst thing about VWUK is their lack of ownership of responsibility, tgey are mostly useless at sorting anything or acting as mediator in a dispute.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Annoyingly, it is VW Germany that currently own VW UK who are the official importers of VW products into UK, bring back private ownership - like it is in many other countries and many other marques.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

I'm in the same situation. Ordered late January . Its red, got sunroof, 18", and load of other items.
Dealer has no indication of build date. He says he has already sold my GT. Tough he'll have to wait like me!!.
Scott H
New
Drives: Fiesta ST3 and Polo GTI+ not so soon

Post by Scott H »

and me. GTI+ black, sat nav, climate, winter pack, 18" Brecsia's. no build date. nobody knows when it might get built. Was ordered first week of Feb. Really poor from VW. having come from many Ford's they handle everything so much better. I know a few people who have already decided not to order VW based on my experience.

It has to be one of the options that's an issue. it's the only reason one guy on here has a build date for end of may but ordered after me.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

I've ordered one in white with a black roof and winter pack. So very few option. Ordered in week 12. No build week as yet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rooneys
New

Post by rooneys »

copied image
My dealer showed me this. List of build dates and options selected.
Attachments
image006.jpg
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

rooneys wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm copied image
So many of the cars on the list without a confirmed build week have the optional 18” Brescia alloy wheels. Maybe a supplier issue with whoever makes these wheels for VW that could be delaying the build of cars with this option.
rooneys
New

Post by rooneys »

That is what the dealer presumes.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 pm
rooneys wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm copied image
So many of the cars on the list without a confirmed build week have the optional 18” Brescia alloy wheels. Maybe a supplier issue with whoever makes these wheels for VW that could be delaying the build of cars with this option.
The Brescias are a dealership fit. The car will come in on steel wheels and get the Brescias fitted at the dealership. Doesn't seem then that the factory touches the Brescias nor stocks any. Whether VW would be irresponsible enough to send GTIs out to dealerships knowing full well that the dealership will struggle to get the Brescias in from the parts department to fit is another matter. Or maybe there's plenty of Brescias and no steel transport wheels.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

rooneys wrote:copied image
Is this the list of orders for your retailer? And how many dealers are there in the UK?

We could be in for a long wait

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

The Freedom Ace has now left Emden heading for Bremerhaven, maybe VW have another car terminal there.
On the subject of wheels our car is ordered with the standard alloys and have a confirmed build date of the 28 th May but no email from VW just info from the dealer and the VW App. Ordered on the 10 th February.