1.2 Polo Match :D

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Re: 1.2 Polo Match :D

Post by NeilMcConville »

lesgodoy wrote:
NeilMcConville wrote:I was just told that some lights didnt work and wont work now when the lights are changed back to the original ones so i'm happy enough to just not touch the rear lights :)
I have changed the rear interior lights on mine and havent had any problems with them since. I also searched everywhere for info but couldnt get any on how to take the lights out. So I just went for it. I took pics of where the brackets are, maybe that will help. It is easy to do if you know where they are... Im back in work today, so give me a few days to post pics, maybe by this weekend I will have it done on my thread...
Thats good to hear :) I was just worried at the thought that my lights might get messed up then and saying as I have never touched the lights in the back, I dont see there is any point in changing them :)
jlpolo
New

Post by jlpolo »

NeilMcConville wrote:
jlpolo wrote: The wheels are Riva AVS's and they are 17", they fit perfect with no adapters or anything :)

Cheers mate they look schweeeet!!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

What would be the best way to go about trying to get polished black dash trims for my polo. Would really love them as they would transform the inside of the car but I can't find them anywhere online. Would the dealer be able to order them in or has anyone got any good ideas for me?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Do you mean the one surrounding the middle vents and around the the radio?

You can order the gloss black one from the GTi and change it yourself in about 15 minutes. It's about £70 from a main dealer I believe. Not sure on a part number but if you ring your dealer they will be able to find it on EKTA.

Let me know how you get on cause I might get one 8)
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

was thinking about this mod the other day ! :D
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Hmm, I might enquire about it when I'm down getting my new plates printed whenever I get the documents posted back :) Polished black looks so much better!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Decided to give the car a wash yesterday because of the lovely weather 8) Here is a good picture showing the drop from H&R Lowering Springs (25/40mm)

Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

Very nice mate, ya wheels look lush 8)
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Haven't updated my space here in a while as little has happened to the car in the last few months. The only difference is that the wheels are now powder coated :D

Decided to be like James Gordon and take a comparison picture with a standard polo. Doesn't even seem to be much of a difference in the height as the bigger wheels have just minimised the effect of the lowering springs.

Have been thinking about painting or getting a vinyl wrap for the roof but I dunno what way to do it. There are three different ways I have seen it done and I dunno what is the best...

1. Just the roof black, the complete spoiler is left.
2. The roof is black and all of the spoiler is black
3. The roof is black and only the top of the spoiler is black (ie. Between the groves that run on from the roof)

What are peoples opinions? :)

Also thinking about getting the rear lights tinted, anyone done this before and what is the best way to go about it? I think it would look much nicer than the bright red that they currently are! :D
DbnGuy
New

Post by DbnGuy »

In my opinion, the complete spoiler black does not look good. I done my roof and top of spoil black.

I also tinited my rear lights with Laminex.
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Yeah tbh I think the way you have it done would look the best. Have you any pictures of it? :) Easy job tinting the rear lights yeah?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

I've got some pictures at home mate that will help you make your mind up :roll: I'll get hem when I'm home! 8)
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Aw cheers bro! Can't find anything useful on the internet!
DbnGuy
New

Post by DbnGuy »

will take some pics of mine and post tomorrow mate. Yeah easy job tinting.
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

DbnGuy wrote:will take some pics of mine and post tomorrow mate. Yeah easy job tinting.
Thanks mate! :)