andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by andy_gdon »

rm55mcc wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

Can they tell if the box is added or not that's what I would like to no???
People will say they can't, but they can.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Would love here what these Gti's or like with a nice exhaust system on them, any one have one yet ???
I'm gonna buy a cat back to make the.most of the dsg gear change

rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: New GTI

Post by rm55mcc »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
andy_gdon wrote: People will say they can't, but they can.

Would love here what these Gti's or like with a nice exhaust system on them, any one have one yet ???
I'm gonna buy a cat back to make the.most of the dsg gear change

Some nice dsg farts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Deejbb wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
andy_gdon wrote: People will say they can't, but they can.

Am waiting to hear back from Scorpion with a date but should be getting a system developed on my car with them within a month or so..

There are a few vids on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some videos up when you get it, can't seem find any one YouTube for the noew gti ???
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Post by andy_gdon »

rm55mcc wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

Am waiting to hear back from Scorpion with a date but should be getting a system developed on my car with them within a month or so..

Get some videos up when you get it, can't seem find any one YouTube for the noew gti ???
Will do

Karlcee
New
Drives: Polo 6c/6r gti

Post by Karlcee »

andy_gdon wrote:
Karlcee wrote:Hi guys, I just got a dtuk box for my polo yesterday. It claimes 240 ps and 400nm of tourqe. I can honestly bleave it too. I'm currently on setting one +2. Has anyone got one, and what setting do you recommend?
I know Andrew (dtuk) quite well. he is a sound fellA. Proper petrol head and actually cares about the products he sells.

Check out his wife's business....juicy detailing.

I looked all over for issues with the dtuk box and couldn't find anything across All models and makes. I currently get my stuff from juciy detailing as I'm a bit of a detailing freak and they normally have what I'm after. I read somewhere that setting two +1 is the best to use. I'm tempted
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

Karlcee wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
Karlcee wrote:Hi guys, I just got a dtuk box for my polo yesterday. It claimes 240 ps and 400nm of tourqe. I can honestly bleave it too. I'm currently on setting one +2. Has anyone got one, and what setting do you recommend?
I know Andrew (dtuk) quite well. he is a sound fellA. Proper petrol head and actually cares about the products he sells.

I looked all over for issues with the dtuk box and couldn't find anything across All models and makes. I currently get my stuff from juciy detailing as I'm a bit of a detailing freak and they normally have what I'm after. I read somewhere that setting two +1 is the best to use. I'm tempted
I've had four now from DTUK over the years and apart from my Audi A7 with the 245ps 3.0 tdi they've all been good.

The issue with the Audi was down to the torque limit on the s-tronic when using the flappy pedals but I would think Andrew has got that sorted now from his Audi A7. I think he changed up to the bi-tdi 313ps afterwards so I'd imagine he got it sorted for that as it had the same gearbox.

I'm curious is this on the DSG or manual GTi as the spread of torque will be very different between them.

rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Had any one noticed when put the key in their ignition and turn it once , all the dash lights up and the 2 lights that stay on is the Epc light and engine light? Is this normal???
Karlcee
New

Post by Karlcee »

CJO wrote:
Karlcee wrote:
andy_gdon wrote: I know Andrew (dtuk) quite well. he is a sound fellA. Proper petrol head and actually cares about the products he sells.

I've had four now from DTUK over the years and apart from my Audi A7 with the 245ps 3.0 tdi they've all been good.

The issue with the Audi was down to the torque limit on the s-tronic when using the flappy pedals but I would think Andrew has got that sorted now from his Audi A7. I think he changed up to the bi-tdi 313ps afterwards so I'd imagine he got it sorted for that as it had the same gearbox.

I'm curious is this on the DSG or manual GTi as the spread of torque will be very different between them.

This is a manual gti, I personally wouldn't buy a tuning box for a new polo gti with the dry dsg gear box as its already had the torque tuned down to compensate for the box being weak.
So adding any more torque would be far to risky for me personally.
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Karlcee wrote:
CJO wrote:
Karlcee wrote:

This is a manual gti, I personally wouldn't buy a tuning box for a new polo gti with the dry dsg gear box as its already had the torque tuned down to compensate for the box being weak.
So adding any more torque would be far to risky for me personally.
Sound advice. I would love to get one on a RR sometime to see what the curves actually do over different mappings.

Karlcee
New

Post by Karlcee »

rm55mcc wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
I'd love one my self but way my luck is at the minute something would happen the car [emoji23][emoji23]
Likewise but the fact that you can take it off is what appeals.. Have heard mixed messages about whether the dealer can tell if a box has been fitted or not but I think it's a much safer option that remapping when it comes to warranty claims

They cannot tell the box has been fitted after removal, it dosent throw a TD1 code unlike a map when the scan the car. This is why I opted for the box
Last edited by Karlcee on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karlcee
New

Post by Karlcee »

andy_gdon wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Deejbb wrote:

Will do

Also in discussions with cobra. They have confirmed they want to develop an exhaust system on my car. We will be discussing in more detail this week :lol:
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco R 2015

Post by Willoughbyyy »

Milltek already have a full system for sale with a sports cat around £1,500 mark I was quoted
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Karlcee wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
Likewise but the fact that you can take it off is what appeals.. Have heard mixed messages about whether the dealer can tell if a box has been fitted or not but I think it's a much safer option that remapping when it comes to warranty claims

They cannot tell the box has been fitted after removal, it dosent throw a TD1 code unlike a map when the scan the car. This is why I opted for the box
For a scan from the OBD port which is what 99% of the garages will do 99% of the time that is correct but the VAL is still accessible if you're in an accident for example or the car does develop engine problems then VW can look at the history of the vehicle ECU. The process was originally developed by Porsche and incorporated by VAG from about 1997.

Not meaning to argue as it's incredibly unlikely they would check unless circumstance dictate.

Karlcee
New

Post by Karlcee »

CJO wrote:
Karlcee wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

For a scan from the OBD port which is what 99% of the garages will do 99% of the time that is correct but the VAL is still accessible if you're in an accident for example or the car does develop engine problems then VW can look at the history of the vehicle ECU. The process was originally developed by Porsche and incorporated by VAG from about 1997.

Not meaning to argue as it's incredibly unlikely they would check unless circumstance dictate.

The box leaves no history on the Ecu as its all done after the Ecu has already sent the signals to the car. The box then takes the signals and manipulates them it's self aferwards as far as I'm awear. That's how it dosent cause any flag if the Ecu was took out and scanned, if anything was to happen. Otherwise a remap can be hidden through a scan on the odb port but will be logged in the Ecu memory if they looked further.
That's as far as I'm awear anyways I'm not an expert haha
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Karlcee wrote:
CJO wrote:
Karlcee wrote:

The box leaves no history on the Ecu as its all done after the Ecu has already sent the signals to the car. The box then takes the signals and manipulates them it's self aferwards as far as I'm awear. That's how it dosent cause any flag if the Ecu was took out and scanned, if anything was to happen. Otherwise a remap can be hidden through a scan on the odb port but will be logged in the Ecu memory if they looked further.
That's as far as I'm awear anyways I'm not an expert haha
I think this is where we are coming at it from two different directions. The VAL is not interested the flags that you mention like TD1. VAL will document things like engine temperature, RPM, fuelling etc. From this VW or insurers can easily tell if a car had been modified without relying on flags on the ECU.

The example here to support your statement is that yes, a tuning box would not cause a flag so in theory VW or insurers would not spend the time/money to then investigate the VAL to see if the parameters are different from that of a standard car. So from that perspective a tuning box is not immediately noticeable. It does not mean that they wouldn't check in undue circumstance such as a externally modified car - lowered suspension - that isn't reported to its insurers, this would cause them to check the VAL if an accident occurred even if the TD1 flag wasn't thrown.