New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by ShaunP »

nats148 wrote:Meant to do a little update as I've now done just over 1k miles.

Well so far I'm loving Marco, for me the driving position is spot on ride is quite firm but not really uncomfortable. Handling is good enough for my driving (I'm never going to be pushing it to it's limits - too much of a wuss lol).
Haven't experienced any of the brake squeal or condensation issues that others have mentioned, although in the last couple of days an annoying rattle has developed from the dash around the passenger side :x so I'll be getting that looked at under warranty.
Average long term MPG is at 35.1, getting between 37 & 40 my 13 mile commute to work, usually means I'm stuck behind something although once there's a gap in oncoming traffic getting past them isn't usally an issue.

What a step up from my 6N2 :D
Took me far too long to realise why you called it Marco... [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

ShaunP wrote:

Well so far I'm loving Marco, for me the driving position is spot on ride is quite firm but not really uncomfortable. Handling is good enough for my driving (I'm never going to be pushing it to it's limits - too much of a wuss lol).
Haven't experienced any of the brake squeal or condensation issues that others have mentioned, although in the last couple of days an annoying rattle has developed from the dash around the passenger side :x so I'll be getting that looked at under warranty.
Average long term MPG is at 35.1, getting between 37 & 40 my 13 mile commute to work, usually means I'm stuck behind something although once there's a gap in oncoming traffic getting past them isn't usally an issue.

Took me far too long to realise why you called it Marco... [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Obviously in celebration of him being one of the first Europeans to reach China....

Mo-89
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Mo-89 »

Anyone figured out how to fix the stuck trip/time buttons?? Used mine for the first time tonite n got stuck!!!
Does ur rpm rises wen u put the heater on ( not AC just heater it self)?
Not the best nite for me started by landing in huge hole in a bend which was so sore lol thn hit by speed camera thn the bloody button got stuck!!!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

CJO wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Obviously in celebration of him being one of the first Europeans to reach China....

I'm planning a long road trip ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tomaspolo7
New
Drives: 2015 6C Polo GTI

Post by tomaspolo7 »

Went from Norwich to Liverpool,about a 500 mile round trip the other week.Averaged 45 mpg,mixture of 65 and 70 mph.Pretty pleased with that.Getting 36 mpg on my 10 mile commute to work,pleased overall.
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Mo-89 wrote:Anyone figured out how to fix the stuck trip/time buttons?? Used mine for the first time tonite n got stuck!!!
Does ur rpm rises wen u put the heater on ( not AC just heater it self)?
Not the best nite for me started by landing in huge hole in a bend which was so sore lol thn hit by speed camera thn the bloody button got stuck!!!
I've booked mine in with the dealer, think they have to replace the whole dash.
tomaspolo7
New
Drives: 2015 6C Polo GTI

Post by tomaspolo7 »

Dealer replaced my trip computer button last week as my trip button got stuck too.Also replaced rear wing liner as it worked itself loose.
ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

lewisp wrote: .
Yours in the country yet? [emoji1] Dealers told me no change from transit today so hoping it will change tomorrow morning...

lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

ShaunP wrote:
Yours in the country yet? [emoji1] Dealers told me no change from transit today so hoping it will change tomorrow morning...

Mines still sitting in Portugal, missed the boat, boat sails every Sunday. So should be on next weeks boat, would imagine you are the same after u left factory after me...

Sucks dude!

ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

lewisp wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Mines still sitting in Portugal, missed the boat, boat sails every Sunday. So should be on next weeks boat, would imagine you are the same after u left factory after me...

Sucks dude!

How'd you get the details for that? Fair enough, one week longer [emoji24]

lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

ShaunP wrote:
lewisp wrote:
ShaunP wrote:

Sucks dude!

I stalk marine traffic, I get text updates and look at previous people's deliveries, so sad I know!

Text give you 5a, left factory
5b, on boat
And I believe 5c on truck to dealer

ShaunP
Getting There!

Post by ShaunP »

lewisp wrote:
ShaunP wrote:
lewisp wrote:

Sucks dude!

I stalk marine traffic, I get text updates and look at previous people's deliveries, so sad I know!

Text give you 5a, left factory
5b, on boat
And I believe 5c on truck to dealer

Hahaha interesting enough! Never knew the whole 5A/B/C thing so that's good to know.

Cheers :)

helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by helloimjammie »

CJO wrote:They're very easy to install. Depending on the size of your hands you may need to be ambidextrous - but only slightly - the instructions provided are clear and there are plenty of YouTube videos.

How did you manage to get power with battery being located in the boot? And are you able to mount the controller in the car?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapatalk
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

The whole unit stays in the engine bay. Power feeds off the male/female connectors that you plug into the engine bay. The install instructions are on the website.

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Definitely still in love with how it looks, did have a wash on Friday too.