project of an old skool 77-derby ans some more ;)

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
TheFog
Getting There!

Post by TheFog »

remarkable, but.......where can we see pics of your mk2 16vT :)
Gallagher
Getting There!

Post by Gallagher »

well, thats a golf not a polo, so would not fit into this forum... and that project has halted a bit.. althoug I am done building the engine.. Just got to get the engine management working properly... and that's not that easy !!!
Gallagher
Getting There!

Post by Gallagher »

Ok, I am looking for a polo GT engine to put in this car, so if you know anything, please give me a hint.. preferebly the GK elder gt engine, but I am also interessted in the 3F engine.. need help...
TheFog
Getting There!

Post by TheFog »

Gallagher wrote:well, thats a golf not a polo, so would not fit into this forum... and that project has halted a bit.. althoug I am done building the engine.. Just got to get the engine management working properly... and that's not that easy !!!
any pics and additional info (which parts are you using) elsewhere, on some other (golf) forum? :)

sorry for offtopic
Gallagher
Getting There!

Post by Gallagher »

no problem.. I know a lot about theese conversions.. only pics on norwegian forums, but you would not understand that.. add me on msn at VW_vag16 @ hotmail.com and we'll take a chat.. that is if you have msn.. the adress is without the spaces infront of and after @.. just to prevent autoskimmers to get the address..
Silky V
Gold Member

Post by Silky V »

WOW! Just read the whole thread. I can't believe how much effort you put into it. It was certainly worthwhile. I love the old skool cars. Congratulations on such an excellent job! :D
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

that looks absolutely stunning mate!!
top class effort!! :D
Gallagher
Getting There!

Post by Gallagher »

thanks a lot for all the good feedback :) will be hosting a thread about the making of my -76 polo racetrack car this summer... hope you follow that to.. supposed to be finished in the end of the summer.. this car is pretty most done.. just have to maintain it :)
Grizz
New

Post by Grizz »

GALLAGHER...!!!!

YOU ROCK MAN !!

I have just registered on the site last night, and have now read the thread of your car(s) I am mighty impressed.

Will be calling a guy about a '92 Squareback 1000cc , lefthand drive with 80k miles later today.
Just replaced my 2002 GTi diesel 150BHP this week with a new car this week, but want the VW fix to continue, so want a Old Skool, pimped project/toy.

Keep us posted with all your toys, and please post cross links to other sites, even if we do not understand most of it, pics speak a thousand words.
Gallagher
Getting There!

Re: project of an old skool 77-derby ans some more ;)

Post by Gallagher »

This is the project I have been working on for the last 4 years:

The polo MK1 made for track but with the old nostalgic look. Here are some pictures of it:

bradley1983
Gold Member

Re: project of an old skool 77-derby ans some more ;)

Post by bradley1983 »

car looks amazing. :wink:

really top class to take that time and effort to restore it to its former glory. 8)

not really a fan of the older polos but a big fan of hard work and dedication.

A+