my mk1 polo

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

SteB wrote:Have you sorted your stance/scrubbing issues yet?
Not yet, been on the back burner a bit due to lack of funds and shocking weather.

Gonna take it to the phirm i reckon, show them the problem and see what they can do. Would be a shame to roll/flare the arches but it would look pukka!
SteB
Silver Member

Post by SteB »

I dont think it would be a shame to get the arches professionally and cleanly rolled - if its done properly, you wouldnt be able to tell unless you had your head in the arch and it wouldnt be prone to rusting or anything.

Its probably worth investigating some bigger bumpstops and stiffer springs for the backs as well
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

SteB wrote:I dont think it would be a shame to get the arches professionally and cleanly rolled - if its done properly, you wouldnt be able to tell unless you had your head in the arch and it wouldnt be prone to rusting or anything.

Its probably worth investigating some bigger bumpstops and stiffer springs for the backs as well
Its actually only the rears that scrub, the fronts are fine and dont scrub at all!
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

well nearly 3 months has flown by since the last update :(

First day off work in ages when its been dry and i havent had a hangover so i decided to get the jack out.

Today was a victorious day for project docile as i actually managed to drive the thing with all 4 classics on!

Thanks to Neale for the spring assistors which will do the job for the time being.

Should be an interesting 150 mile drive to ultimate dubs next month (you can see my car on the outside retro stand so come say hello)

Just awaiting delivery of my last chrome bumper end cap (HURRY UP mk1magic!!) then they will be going on unless i decide to wait til april showers are out of the way.

Anyone have an early front grill?
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

took a nice shot tonight so thought i would post it up.....

SteB
Silver Member

Post by SteB »

Nice pic! Great stance on the car too
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

SteB wrote:Nice pic! Great stance on the car too
Cheers fella it still scrubs a bit when cornering hard or a big bump in the road so still needs tweaking a little!
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

Well time hasnt been on my side recently so it was nice to have a chance to play with my cars today

Bought a couple of stickers at ultimate dubs so decided to put them on (Love em or hate em!)

Also put on the MK1 Polo GT badge courtesy of Simmo (Cheers fella)

Found some really naff dice caps so thought id put them on to make it extra pimp!

Have had this little lot collecting dust in the downstairs bog for too long so thought i would trial fit them

Taken them back off now though as need to sort out an early front grille so it doesnt look s**t!

On the S3 i fitted some LED sidelights as they shine a closer colour to the Xenons, the standard yellowish bulbs looked pony.

Also fitted some aero wipers so i can see where im going when the heavens open

Also found on my camera the only 2 pics i took at Ace Cafe!

And finally i couldnt not include a pic of TTej's sweet TT seeing as he popped in for a chat!

Cheers fella, hope the sticker looks cool on your MK1 !
GT_Raven
Bronze Member

Post by GT_Raven »

Love your car mate , really starting to like the early cars atm. good to see alot of them on the road still.
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

Sourced an early front grille now so all the bits are ready to go on, lets hope the sun is out tomorrow!
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

Chromies are finally on so - first outing will be No-Rice tomorrow in Guildford!
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

Alright im crap and have been going on about getting these fitted for ages but to be honest, sourcing parts was a pain in the hoop!

Well, now they are on.

Need to fit the front grill a bit better still as had to modify it for the lights by shaving some plastic off. Really paranoid about losing the end caps as the suspension is so hard so im gonna figure a way to make sure they are on solid tomorrow.

The brackets i sourced were great for the front but the rears were way off, dunno what the f**k they were for! Anyway, got round it by using the brackets off the plastic front bumper.

The rear number plate light isnt 100% as the fittings are different and theres only one instead of two for plastic bumpers but i improvised and made a way to get it to stay put.

You can still see the bumper guides on the side of the car from the plastic bumpers but insight has kindly made me some caochwork coloured stickers to cover the holes when i remove them as i dont want them welded up incease the plastics go back on at any time

Apart from that i just need to remove the rear fog which may get done tomorrow too if i can be arsed.

Next on the list i reckon is some better condition rims (or a refurb and change of colour) and sort some little areas of the dreaded rust. Also need to source a boss for my bargain Momo steering wheel.

Also a nice little shot of the S3 i took today at Tesco.

Comments welcome - Thanks for looking.
Jhonno
New

Post by Jhonno »

love the wheels n stance!!
dog fart
New

Post by dog fart »

ive just been sorting some that people took at the polo show so here they are.........

And a couple i took myself on the SLR

TheFog
Getting There!

Post by TheFog »

your polo is a true beauty, m8.....although pics YOU made aren't :P :lol:

you made the grill yourself?