K&N or BMC CDA and fitment?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
JB_UK
Bronze Member

Re: K&N or BMC CDA and fitment?

Post by JB_UK »

so if i just buy a replacement filter for airbox it should give same performance gains as a induction kit lol, you can see i have no clue what im talking about :)
stuart1903
Getting There!

Post by stuart1903 »

Right, I bought a k&n induction kit, so I fitted it then noticed it was pissing oil everywhere, so I ended up removing it and putting the standard airbox back on for a bit, then I got a breather filter from halfords and refitted the k&n but didn't put the breather hose in, instead put on the filter. I didn't plug the hole and the breather filter is already turning darker. Should this be ok, I didn't cut anything out of the old airbox.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

To be ohnest, I had a K&N for about two days. So many stories about oil going everywhere and very poor heat soak I changed it for a BMC. Your best option would be scrap the K&N and buy an enclosed filter. You've already got the breather filter so you'd only need the filter. And I think your supposed to bung the hole underneath. Where have you placed the breather. On the larger or smaller pipe (if you've got an MPI)
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

JB_UK wrote:so if i just buy a replacement filter for airbox it should give same performance gains as a induction kit lol, you can see i have no clue what im talking about :)
You may notice a slight difference with a inducion kit. I went back from a BMC to stock with K&N panel filters for a week, around my MOT and did notice it wasn't as responsive. And I missed the noise! Couldn't wait to put it back in.

But if you went on a rolling road it would prob only pick up 1-3 bhp with an induction kit.
JB_UK
Bronze Member

Post by JB_UK »

Thanks guys :o