Bronze Member

Re: Josh_Polo Blue Polo

Post by Rossco »

I like this, very nice motor.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

blimey how many dubbers go down lakeside these days... we should really organise a meet-up or something on a saturday at lakeside!
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

LeMeph wrote:blimey how many dubbers go down lakeside these days... we should really organise a meet-up or something on a saturday at lakeside!

Haha yeah make it VAG though then ill bring down 6/7 cars 8)
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

Right no the first update i wanted to be making to be honest but hey, well after cruising over the water to see some mates driving back everything was fine, doing the speed limit of course on the way home :wink: got to about a mile from my house when i hear brrrrrrrrrrrrd bang! and see metal fly from my front drivers side wheel!!! :shock:

I gets out and have a look and the car is decked! wheel in the arch im like :? :( untill i notice the wheel is not lined up with the disc hmmmm :?
Turns out, either some has tried nicking my wheels OR my phyco ex removed two bolts, which then caused me to sheer the other two off!
Im rather lucky the car is as low as it is, because luckily enough it went striaght up into the arch and the disc fell on the rim and i didnt nose dive and crash into the barrier...

before i let the pics do the talking now. I need to ask a qucik question...Basically, a litle metal ring that went under the inside the disc where the centre bore bit is snapped, what are they for and how much, because the break disc sorta moves, i can only describe it as like a spiget (sp) ring for the disc :lol: :oops:

Pics...

It was easier to the line up with the two remaing holes left and light on the bolts.

Aziise
New

Re: Josh_Polo Blue Polo *UPDATED* 06/02/09

Post by Aziise »

Picture 2 looks too sick!
i love this colour = not seen it before!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ahh that sucks mate. Although I'm not quite sure what part your referring to? Can you get a picture?
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

Tim_GTi wrote:Ahh that sucks mate. Although I'm not quite sure what part your referring to? Can you get a picture?

Dont fancy the trouble of putting it back tbh fella but see the pic below, Well its aint of a polo but hey itll help me show you, basicaly where ive marked red was a little metal ring...

Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

ite mate, it was me you saw at lakeside last sat, i recognised the motor so flashed you, and you just stared at me, so cheers for that...

as far as i can tell from your pics, the ring you refer to is just a ring that makes your wheel fit properly if that makes sense, i've totally forgotten the name for it but they are cheap as chips to buy and just makes your wheel fit onto your hub(?!) properly, which is obviously important because your wheels cant wobble when they're moving, will put too much stress on the bolts. You can even pick these rings up from pikey halfords, and like i say just ensures your wheel is a perfect fit.

I think that is what you refer to there, if not then i'm talking poo so ignore.
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

Its like what your describing but for the break disc...

For not flashing you fella ive got hids, but they dont flash :lol: :wink:
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Josh_polo wrote:
For not flashing you fella ive got hids, but they dont flash :lol: :wink:
Why?
vw-po-low
Gold Member

Post by vw-po-low »

Hmm Not a high/low beam hid kit?

Mine flash, lol i blinde people.. Ha.

Very unfortunate what happend to the polo.
kyle1b1
Bronze Member

Post by kyle1b1 »

Lee-Dub wrote:ite mate, it was me you saw at lakeside last sat, i recognised the motor so flashed you, and you just stared at me, so cheers for that...

as far as i can tell from your pics, the ring you refer to is just a ring that makes your wheel fit properly if that makes sense, i've totally forgotten the name for it but they are cheap as chips to buy and just makes your wheel fit onto your hub(?!) properly, which is obviously important because your wheels cant wobble when they're moving, will put too much stress on the bolts. You can even pick these rings up from pikey halfords, and like i say just ensures your wheel is a perfect fit.

I think that is what you refer to there, if not then i'm talking poo so ignore.
spigot ring :wink:

thats all that should be their. noting else goes their.

yeah thats a shame hope you get it sorted soon
Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

spigot ring!! thats the 1!!! haha i can sleep well tonight now. yeah its a spigot ring...!
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

Apprently my mate thinks its the locator spring for the disc?

And yeah they none flashing hids, gay i know, but they do until i get a flashing set but then even they have a 5sec delay ive heard!?
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

It's not a spigot ring, that's for the centre bore fitting onto the wheel. Locator for the disc sounds better.

Where did you get non flashing HIDs from?! must be a really cheap kit. Do you have full beams at all?

They don't have a 5 second delay for full beams. When you flick the full beam on they flash at full brightness for a second, then reduce down to around 30% brightness, and work their way back up to full brightness over about 5 seconds. So that initial flash means they are fine for flashing.