Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
nooge
New

Re: Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Post by nooge »

matt_123 wrote:I have got shortened drop links ready to fit as slammed it all way to bottom on the front got some weird noises and rubs 8) so raised it back up till I fit the drop links. You find you needed to fit the drop links ? They make a difference? As what could stop the driveshaft from rubbing if drop links don't stop it??
I got some slightly shorter drop links with the coilovers from the previous guy that owned them - I think I need to get even shorter ones to ensure they work with how low my car is now. A few people have suggested removing them completely as it sits too low for the anti-roll bar to be functional anyway - not sure about the truth behind that though.
matt_123 wrote:Any other performance mods planned??
I'd love to supercharge or turbo the 1.6 engine just to be a bit different, but after looking into the cost/effort required it put me off. Wouldn't mind grabbing a GTI lump and swapping it out one day though..
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Re: Polo 1.6 Sport - Coilovers Fitted

Post by Mr Blobby »

Hi Matt could you contact me on alistair_crossley@hotmail.co.uk please as my pm doesn't want to work :( cheers mate.