Tom's 6N2 GTI Progress Thread

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Tom's 6N2 GTI Progress Thread

Post by Endi_GTI »

Looks like a nice car mate. Paint looks fresh and pedals look great. Not sure about the tint/smokeed effect on any lights though :oops: but thats my opinion. Its your car man 8)
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Got to agree with Matt about the smoke indicators they do look pretty awful IMO but don’t be offended it's just not my cup of tea

They would probably look good with black angel eyes but the combination of smoked indicators with clear headlights just doesn't look right to me.
It's all about experimenting with cars and you choose whatever you like the most
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Got the wind deflectors fitted today after receiving a set that wasn't broken this time!

Also finally had a go at restoring the headlights. Think there's a bit of improvement but I reckon it's going to take more time to get them looking really good.

slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Looks like a sweet job on the headlights!

Mine went all horrible and we got the machine polisher on them and get most of it off! Cheeper than buying a new set!!

I think the GTI's look the nuts in black too!!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Wind Deflectors look very smart Tom 8) they seem to be massively popular these days

Set of pressed plates would look a treat on your car, the normal plates look a little bland
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Wind Deflectors look very smart Tom 8) they seem to be massively popular these days

Set of pressed plates would look a treat on your car, the normal plates look a little bland
Yeah I never used to like them but since my bro got them on his EP3 and I've seen a few Polos with them on they've really grown on me. I like the look of them now especially as they're tinted and blend with the windows.

I've thought about the pressed plates several times before as a few people have mentioned it. I know they'd look really good but trying not to do too much unnecessary spending at the mo and the plates that are on the Polo now look like they're near on brand new! So I figured there's no point changing them just yet.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah they look awesome on EP3's, i'll have to get a set for mine eventually :)

I know exactly what you mean about the plates, they are one of the things to do when you have spare cash available.
Everything important should come first and the visual extra's are just the finishing touches
P0l0_GTi
Bronze Member

Post by P0l0_GTi »

so sad to see this polo on wrong way imo :cry:
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Feel like I've had quite a productive day today! Not only did I go to work this morning but managed to wash the car this afternoon and do a couple of odd jobs I've been meaning to over the past couple of weeks.

Managed to get hold of a slightly different tail light tint and had another crack at the lights today to see if I can get a better finish. Pretty chuffed with the result! It's almost exactly what I wanted.

Also got the chance to spray the GTI trim at the front under the grill. Although I hadn't replaced it long ago, it was already starting to turn a 'lovely' shade of pink. Looks a lot nicer now!

Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Glad you've managed to sort your rear light tint out! What tint did you use this time? Did you try that polish I said?
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Thanks! Yeah I opted for a different tint this time to see if it would make a difference. I used the one below; the equivalent in black. Haven't used any polish as of yet, still a bit reluctant to because of what happened last time but because of the nice gloss finish I almost don't need to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAIL-LIGHT-TI ... 727wt_1270
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking good Tom :) The gloss black rear lights looks really smart now, much prefer the gloss finish compared to matte
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

Yeah I hated the matt just couldn't seem to get the gloss finish! Really pleased with it now though, especially as the colour and depth is right too.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Matte black GTI badge would look good on the front though mate 8) although the OEM chrome badge does look smart too

I kept switching them on my old GTI because I couldn't decide which looked best
t.small
Bronze Member

Post by t.small »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Matte black GTI badge would look good on the front though mate 8) although the OEM chrome badge does look smart too

I kept switching them on my old GTI because I couldn't decide which looked best
Haha yeah I've thought about it before but I've decided I like the chrome :D Especially as everything else is now black. That's what I'd end up doing if I did spray it!