My 6n2 GTi... and my 2nd VW.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Joycey
Bronze Member

Re: My 6n2 GTi... and my 2nd VW.

Post by Joycey »

benmkiv wrote:Did you drive past the same can twice? If so almost garunteed one of the pictures is of your face but maybe a crap one.

6 points and you lose your licence don't you but you can just take your test again or they may offer you a course instead of three and then grin and bear the other three.

Worth looking into online because I'm
Not entirely sure they're allowed to do speed checks in an unmarked van like that.
i agree im pretty sure the van has to be marked otherwise they're not allowed to do it
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

There's a lot of sites on the net offering help and advice for this and how you can get off it. Not completely sure how the legalities work but it's definitely worth looking into even of you can get away with three points and get a very good friend to take the other three ;)
V Bachetta
Getting There!

Post by V Bachetta »

Hi Guys,

Bless you all, thanks for the concern you have shown. Basically yes i did drive past the same camera twice, but im really unsure on how this has happend. The road i was caught on is no longer than 1/4 mile long. Now this is where it gets funny, if you go down the road at 63, then spin it round and come back down at 49, that does not take 6 mins to do, infact it will be probably more like two to three mins appart. They have clocked me at 49 and then six mins later i get clocked on the same road doing 63.

I have seeked legal advise on this, i don't mind taking three points, money can pay for the insurance and money does literally come and go. The solicitor i spoke to said to me they would be happy to represent me but there is a big cost attached to this. Trying to get information out of them, i have bascially done what they would do to start off with, contest the evidence if they even have any. Simple fact of the matter is, if everyone disputed thier speeding tickects, most of the police would be in court day in day out. So from this, i have written a letter which is as follows,

"Dear Sir/Madam,

RE Request for information

Document Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fixed Penalty Notice Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of issue: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vehicle registration: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have received the above Notice of Intended Prosecution regarding an alleged speeding offense committed on 24/072012 by vehicle registration X411 SUD, of which I am the registered owner/keeper.

I am naturally anxious to determine the true facts in this case, and offer you my full cooperation in establishing whether this was genuinely my vehicle and if so, the identity of the driver.

I am therefore writing to request that copies of the photograph(s) taken by your camera recording the alleged offense are sent to me so that I can positively establish the identity of the vehicle and the identity of the driver.

I would appreciate this information being released to me at the earliest convenience, so that I may fulfill my obligations in relation to your request for information and not risk action for failing to identify the driver under Section 172 of the Road Traffic Act.

Yours faithfully,"

going to send that off today and see what comes back, then i will make a decision on how to go about this whole situation. If in the meantime anyone has any pointers, feel free to get in touch any help is welcomed.

Thanks again people, appreciate the concern for a fellow dubber in need. haha.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Www.pepipoo.com take a look do much valuable info on that site.
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

That letter sounds perfect mate just keep fingers crossed and see what they come back with
V Bachetta
Getting There!

Post by V Bachetta »

Hi folks, thanks for the positive comments and the link.

Although the letter sounds fine, i think i have made an error, even if i have responded by means of a letter, i have not fulfilled my obligation to supply details as I'm claiming that i was unaware of who was driving the vehicle at the time.

I'm thinking that they might bum me on this separately and give me points and a fine for that too. By the way, so you all know, a Section 172 is simply a threat to disclose details.
V Bachetta
Getting There!

Post by V Bachetta »

Update: So following my two NIP's i got back in August, one happended to belong to my cousin, so off went his details to the police, and the other one was my doing stupid things at the wrong time in the wrong place. I accept the fault, gave my details and landed three points and a £60 fine, which then increased my insurance premuim by £256, WTF i said. Hey ho, its money, and i still have my license and a car to enjoy.

So since then whats been happening, well, i didn't like the flip out which eventually broke in any case, so here is a before and after shot.

BEFORE

AFTER

So i was happy with the way i got it to fit, needed to chop some plastic out from behind the unit otherwise it wouldn't fit flush. Really easy to fit to.

So moving on, before i bought the car i checked all the paper work to see what work had been done maintainance wise. I saw reciepts for cam belts ect and thought yeah its been done and looked after, but little did i know and missed in the paper work, the water pump wasnt done when the belts were changed! FAIL. Anyhow, i noticed rattling noises from my engine bay to find that the water pump was on its way out. :x
So, knowing the timing kit needed to come apart to get to the water pump, i decided to do the whole timing system once again, regardless of when it was last done.
Off i went to TPS, and the following where purchased.

Oh yes, genuine timing system kit inc all belts and tension bits, alternator belt, and some proper coolant along with a lovely new water pump. The job in total set me back something around £256 inc labor, not bad i say. The car immediatly felt more responsive and much tighter, the previous belts were non genuine.

Next up, laminex fogs, pretty easy stuff again, undo grill screws, pop grill out, undo light fixings and unplug, out it comes. Heat gun and squeegee and jobs a good one.

Moving on, i didn't and i have never been a fan of the rear wiper, so out that came. Generally speaking, again fairly easy job, need a set of universal gromits from Halfords. Undo boot panel, check wiper fixings and undo the ones holding it in, carfully remove it and plug in gromit to fill the hole.

BEFORE

AFTER

next thing i did was change my center caps, they were really annoying me so took a trip to my local VW garage and picked these up.

Then my mirror caps need some attention, as temp measure i decided to have them done in gloss black vinyl wrap.

BEFORE

AFTER

The next thing i did was i had my plate transferred on to the car as it was retained and the document was about to expire. so the new plate looks like this

Excuse the rubber bands on the sides, when i took that picture i was simply testing to see how it looked.

So this pretty much brings me to date. My latest purchase are these,

Yes, these are indeed the 16" RX11's, in a 4x100 hub fitment. I am due to pick these up end of February followed by a refurb on the centers and a highly polished lip. I would like these to look like the ones below, however the lips are not polished on these but love the colour of the centers.

I will need to choose my tires carefully as i want the best stance i can get on it without have any arch work done to maintain the original state of the car. Im thinking maybe 10mm spacer up back as there will be some minor tuck. Will keep you posted as i go on but thats it for now.