Delivery/Tracking

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
PeteJ-
New
Drives: GTi

Re: Delivery/Tracking

Post by PeteJ- »

JacobNorton wrote:I got an update today from my lease company, the director of the company envisaged that it is 4 weeks away.

It's been 4 weeks away since February.
I feel your pain mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteJ-
New

Post by PeteJ- »

Well after another couple of frustrating weeks of silence I phoned the leasing company for an update. They tried to ring the dealer for an update and surprise surprise no answer. I have managed to find a Mk7.5 Golf GTi on a good deal and am now looking at that as it is available in stock. So I may be cancelling my order. This means there might be a reef blue GTi + (no extras) available from stock in a couple of weeks time.

JacobNorton
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ ordered

Post by JacobNorton »

Thats a shame, I haven't had an update either. I emailed them last week and I haven't had a response, I think they are having trouble getting any info from the dealers. Although I bet if they gave me the order number I would be able to get some info.

Are you able to cancel your agreement, I read my terms and conditions and it seems pretty much impossible to back out without a huge fine.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

PeteJ- wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:33 am Well after another couple of frustrating weeks of silence I phoned the leasing company for an update. They tried to ring the dealer for an update and surprise surprise no answer. I have managed to find a Mk7.5 Golf GTi on a good deal and am now looking at that as it is available in stock. So I may be cancelling my order. This means there might be a reef blue GTi + (no extras) available from stock in a couple of weeks time.

If that Golf GTI is brand new and unregistered, it will come with 0% finance (unless VW recently pulled the deal) - go for it.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Ima wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 pm I spoke to my dealer and there’s a 10 week delay on build date from original date and it’s a wait until September now as earliest arrival is mid August. He’s said all new builds for basic Polo without spec changes are 8 months and GTI is coming back but not until existing backlog cleared.
Any updates on your end? Sticking close to your delivery dates as we ordered weeks apart. I've contacted my dealer and they've confirmed its been built and on it's way to the UK but not to expect it until September. Eek! The excitement is now setting in.
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Yes thankfully had the stage 5a email that car has finally been built and left the factory. That’s exciting and something to hang on to knowing it’s going to take another two months to get to me. It looks like mid September on a 70 plate so we aren’t far apart by the looks of things now. I guess you will still get it before me but a close run thing. Let me know when you start tracking ships :lol:
jackwhittle760
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by jackwhittle760 »

Does anyone know exactly what the different stages mean?

I know 5A says “In transit: Left the factory” but what does this actually mean? Does it mean it’s left the factory, on the way to the port and awaiting a ship? Or does it mean it’s on a ship on it’s way to Emden?

Then 5B, is this when the car has left South Africa and on its way to the UK (including stopping at Emden)? Or is the 5B received when the car has arrived in Emden? Or when the car has left Emden and on a ship to the UK?

As far as I’m aware the only straight forward one is 5C which means it’s arrived in the UK, it’s just the stages up to that point that confuse me.

I am also aware the tracker should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it would be nice to know at least how it’s meant to work thankyou.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

jackwhittle760 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:17 am Does anyone know exactly what the different stages mean?

I know 5A says “In transit: Left the factory” but what does this actually mean? Does it mean it’s left the factory, on the way to the port and awaiting a ship? Or does it mean it’s on a ship on it’s way to Emden?

Then 5B, is this when the car has left South Africa and on its way to the UK (including stopping at Emden)? Or is the 5B received when the car has arrived in Emden? Or when the car has left Emden and on a ship to the UK?

As far as I’m aware the only straight forward one is 5C which means it’s arrived in the UK, it’s just the stages up to that point that confuse me.

I am also aware the tracker should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it would be nice to know at least how it’s meant to work thankyou.
You're pretty much right.

5A= Left factory and is on its way to the Port or has arrived at port and awaiting a ship.

5B=Left port on a ship to Emden, Germany.

5C=Left Emden on a ship to the UK.
jackwhittle760
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by jackwhittle760 »

Thanks monkeyhanger!

In that case then I guess I’m in the same position as ShortyONL and Ima, I received Stage 5A on 3rd July so I guess it’s still awaiting a ship to Emden.

I was hoping it might be on board the Glovis Spirit which departed Port Elizabeth on 1st July and is arriving at Port Vigo (Spain) tomorrow, but sounds like this probably isn’t the case.

From what I can see there is a Glovis Century arriving at Port Elizabeth today and a Glovis Star on 23rd July. Hopefully our cars might be on one of these!
Ima
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi+ on order

Post by Ima »

Ooh sounds good. Fingers crossed and we might all get our cars then at the same time. Car party 🥳
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

I thought 5b was arrived in Emden? Least that's what i thought it was from seeing other memeber's posts on here
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

PhilArnold wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:58 am I thought 5b was arrived in Emden? Least that's what i thought it was from seeing other memeber's posts on here
Mine was 5b on 1st July when glovis spirit left. 5c is leaving Emden as monkeyhanger said as 6 is in the UK. You don’t always get the text at the right time however....
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

lancslad1985 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 am
PhilArnold wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:58 am I thought 5b was arrived in Emden? Least that's what i thought it was from seeing other memeber's posts on here
Mine was 5b on 1st July when glovis spirit left. 5c is leaving Emden as monkeyhanger said as 6 is in the UK. You don’t always get the text at the right time however....
My 2018 Red GTI+ is still 5b on the tracker, even though I had been driving it 23 months before p/xing it for my A4 last month.
JacobNorton
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ ordered

Post by JacobNorton »

PeteJ- wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:33 am Well after another couple of frustrating weeks of silence I phoned the leasing company for an update. They tried to ring the dealer for an update and surprise surprise no answer. I have managed to find a Mk7.5 Golf GTi on a good deal and am now looking at that as it is available in stock. So I may be cancelling my order. This means there might be a reef blue GTi + (no extras) available from stock in a couple of weeks time.

Have you got your car yet? Or atleast a update from the lease company that might actually hold up?
PeteJ-
New

Post by PeteJ- »

I did not go for the Golf in the end as it was a 69 plate pre reg model. I was told that my Polo is due at the dealers on Monday the 20th July. I have requested a quick turnaround and expect delivery to me at the end of next week. But having been promised the car delivery on March 20th I don’t hold out much hope.

Have you heard anything about yours?