6C or 6R..I'm not sure

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: 6C or 6R..I'm not sure

Post by Dink »

is it reconnected correctly as that would be the only real reason why it's coming on imho
Gandalfthrgrey
New
Drives: 2014 1.2 TSI blue motion.

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

I'll have to recheck, but I'm sure it's connected properly..
Cheers
Tex
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG

Post by Tex »

Hi,

Glad you got a radio, does this one have Android Auto? im looking for a AA one as i have a Note 10.

With regards to the airbag, i have disconnected mine many times when running cables etc. A normal OBD clear wont help, i got a app called Carista, it does a more detailed scan and it clears airbag error codes, i normally use it to remove mine as my torque pro wont do it. Also Carista works with a lot of OBD 2 scanners like the ELM models etc.

Hope that helps.

Also what are you going to do with the composition media?
Gandalfthrgrey
New

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

Hi Tex..
The one I got only supports carplay and mirrorlink I got it from a shop on aliexpress called lemon shark, slow to dispatch but when actually shipped took only 4 days to ireland. They do android ones too, hopefully when the extension cables come everthing will work as it should, because this is my daughters car i can't really remove the glove box unit, but if I do eventually take it out I'd offer it for sale here on the forum. Thanks for the app tip, I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Cheers
Attachments
Screenshot_20200628_053516_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
Slider09
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.2 SE

Post by Slider09 »

Gandalfthrgrey wrote:Hi Tex..
The one I got only supports carplay and mirrorlink I got it from a shop on aliexpress called lemon shark, slow to dispatch but when actually shipped took only 4 days to ireland. They do android ones too, hopefully when the extension cables come everthing will work as it should, because this is my daughters car i can't really remove the glove box unit, but if I do eventually take it out I'd offer it for sale here on the forum. Thanks for the app tip, I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Cheers
How does this work with all the car settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gandalfthrgrey
New

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

Haven't tried it fully yet Slider, only connected up to see if it worked while parked up, I'm hoping it has no negative affects on any of the settings! BTW Tex, Carista doesn't work for me, gives an error saying the unit is faulty, but apparently it does this with generic scanner clones, which mine obviously is!!
Gandalfthrgrey
New

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

Quick question, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and sliders question above has me thinking.. What sort of issues can occur with the settings, and why would I have issues with them by changing out the head unit / radio?
Cheers.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Well lots of the car settings are controlled through the head unit.

So unless the new unit can send the same messages you won't be able to control them (i know the big one is resetting tyre pressure warning)
Tex
Getting There!

Post by Tex »

Gandalfthrgrey , Thanks for the reply,

Ill go have alook at "lemon Shark", with regardss to the OBD adapter, which model do you have, the blue ELM 327s?

With regards to the TPMS, i think your car can reset it through the cluster, mine cant because i have the lowline cluster, not sure why, but anyway im trying to change it.

With car settings, because that radio is for MQB, it should allow the setting screen as like your composition media, i belive to get there you press the right turning knob/seek wheel once and it should take you there, however not sure if all the vechile settings will be available, will be intersting to see how that part of it works, let us know.
Tex
Getting There!

Post by Tex »

Also, let us know how the unit is, in terms of speed, resolution, and any settings that got retained and if the steering wheel controls work.

Also i wonder if this unit will allow a reverse camera?

Thanks
Slider09
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.2 SE

Post by Slider09 »

Gandalfthrgrey wrote:Quick question, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and sliders question above has me thinking.. What sort of issues can occur with the settings, and why would I have issues with them by changing out the head unit / radio?
Cheers.
Yeah, all the settings you can personalise.....

Light settings
Window / locking options
Reset tyre pressures.

Basically everything that pops up when you press the “CAR” button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gandalfthrgrey
New

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

This attachment is with the radio blurb, looks like settings might be controllable.. Unfortunately I think my quadlock cable is on the long boat from China... It's in transit somewhere so can't set it up just yet..
Cheers
Attachments
Screenshot_20200628_222426_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
Gandalfthrgrey
New

Post by Gandalfthrgrey »

Update:
All the radio update equipment eventually came but I never got a chance to hook it up there was no point, my daughter heads back to the Middle East as shes been offered a job (pending a visa) so shes selling the VW Polo. This leaves me with a radio upgrade that's not needed, if anybody who's been following this thread is interested I'm going to put it up for sale to include the Radio, Extended FAKRA cable, 2ft quadlock extension cable and the replacement bezel needed.Cheers for all the help when needed at the time, great bunch of folk on this forum.
Jim
Attachments
IMG_20200808_065832[1].jpg
IMG_20200808_064147[2].jpg
IMG_20200808_064135[1].jpg