uploadfromtaptalk1456098896574.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456098896574.jpg (150.71 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Re: New GTI

Post by minefields »

Hey all, joined this forum as I placed my order for a new Polo GTI in white last Monday. Read all 210 pages of this thread so was quite prepared for a long wait to receive mine.

Ordered on the 15th of Feb and now have my confirmed build date of 14/03/2016, week 11 also confirmed by the dealer. So should be with me before the end of April all being well. That seem pretty fast compared to some.

I decided to go for the Polo after test driving the Fiesta ST first. As soon as I got into the Polo, the Fiesta felt like a car 10 years older and it also didn't feel anywhere near as well put together. Had a nightmare trying to find a VW garage that had a Polo GTI in stock as well to test drive. Glad I stuck with it and did as it was almost a pretty instant decision to go for the Polo.

Also I have told the dealer to not touch the car when they get it, I have arranged for a detailing company that are across the road from the dealership to do the prep work before I turn up, I want the car perfect when I receive it.

This is them doing a vw from the same dealership http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=367009 as you can see, they picked the car up direct from the dealer straight off the transporter.

I am coming from a BMW Z4 e85 and was looking for something a little more practical as it is my only car. Despite that the Polo is a faster car as mine was only the 2.0l 150bhp version and will also be better on fuel and room for more than 2 :D

I hope the time flies until I get the car. but I doubt that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

Duplicate post
Last edited by lewisp on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

New GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

Hi all, haven't posted in this part yet as I only ordered my 6c GTi last Sunday. My spec is a 3 door manual, Silk blue, convenience pack, parabolica wheels, Titan black alcantara interior, sport button and in car app connect. Can't wait to get it as I'm going from a polo 9n3 1.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GeorgeS78 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

minefields wrote:Hey all, joined this forum as I placed my order for a new Polo GTI in white last Monday. Read all 210 pages of this thread so was quite prepared for a long wait to receive mine.

Ordered on the 15th of Feb and now have my confirmed build date of 14/03/2016, week 11 also confirmed by the dealer. So should be with me before the end of April all being well. That seem pretty fast compared to some.

I decided to go for the Polo after test driving the Fiesta ST first. As soon as I got into the Polo, the Fiesta felt like a car 10 years older and it also didn't feel anywhere near as well put together. Had a nightmare trying to find a VW garage that had a Polo GTI in stock as well to test drive. Glad I stuck with it and did as it was almost a pretty instant decision to go for the Polo.

Also I have told the dealer to not touch the car when they get it, I have arranged for a detailing company that are across the road from the dealership to do the prep work before I turn up, I want the car perfect when I receive it.

This is them doing a vw from the same dealership http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=367009 as you can see, they picked the car up direct from the dealer straight off the transporter.

I am coming from a BMW Z4 e85 and was looking for something a little more practical as it is my only car. Despite that the Polo is a faster car as mine was only the 2.0l 150bhp version and will also be better on fuel and room for more than 2 :D

I hope the time flies until I get the car. but I doubt that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to the waiting club! Although as you say you seem to have got a confirmed build date pretty quick so that's good. Mine is supposedly being built this week and I ordered 9th Jan so I guess it all depends on the allocation for that month.

What spec have you gone for, DSG or Manual, 3 or 5 door, any options?

I had a Fiesta ST and have got rid of it to order the Polo, many think I am mad as the ST was great to drive, but I also did not like the out dated interior and the Polo is much plusher. Never test drove the GTI as I also could not get one near me so just a basic SE, but I know the GTI should be much better so I was happy to commit.
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

I went for Pure White, 3 Door manual with Cruise and Park Pack with the reversing camera and the Car-Net-App-Connect, I didn't want to go mad with the options to keep costs down.
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Welcome to the club. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. It is a great car and I have had nearly six moths trouble free motoring. It has fantastic mid range punch and sling shots out of roundabouts. I would say the ST is better in the twisty bits but not massively so. You can still have lots of fun in the Polo. To get round that problem I bought a very cheap MX5 which is very good around the lanes of Norfolk and super responsive but not something I would want to rely on in the wet or on motorways. That's where the Polo comes in as a great all rounder.

Went to the London classic car show yesterday. Some serious metal there including a Ferrari with a £2.3 million price tag. More Jag E types than you could swing well a jaguar at and many with £120k plus price tags. Another league completely.
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

Traction was probably the major downfall of the DTUK box, it's a pretty hefty power increase.
Last edited by Scott Bounce on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote: Same colour and number of doors as me then except I've gone for DSG. Be interesting to see if they arrive same time being the same build week.

I did have a Fiesta ST but sold it so while I'm waiting for the GTI I'm driving my girlfriends Ka that's a 1.2. The Polo is gonna feel a lot faster when it finally comes!
Have you progressed to stage 4 yet?
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!

Wilxay wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote: Same colour and number of doors as me then except I've gone for DSG. Be interesting to see if they arrive same time being the same build week.

I did have a Fiesta ST but sold it so while I'm waiting for the GTI I'm driving my girlfriends Ka that's a 1.2. The Polo is gonna feel a lot faster when it finally comes!
Have you progressed to stage 4 yet?
Nope still Stage 3 and saying build week commencing 22/02.

Is yours still the same?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Yeah still the same
didescharlie
New
Drives: -

Post by didescharlie »

Delivery date trailered to my house from dealer 03/03. Can't wait - very excited! Only been waiting since mid-October
forevertom
New
Drives: GTI

Post by forevertom »

Apparently the boat mine was on docked this morning at Sheerness. Hopefully VW Twitter are right!
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!

Wilxay wrote:Yeah still the same
I've gone to 5a (in transit left factory) so has skipped Stage 4.

Didn't expect it to be that quick, not sure how long it will be now, but my dealer has been so over cautious with dates it seems.
Wilxay
Silver Member

New GTI

Post by Wilxay »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
I've gone to 5a (in transit left factory) so has skipped Stage 4.

Didn't expect it to be that quick, not sure how long it will be now, but my dealer has been so over cautious with dates it seems.
Say whaaaaaat!?!? What date do you order?