Re: New GTI

Post by Wilxay »

Picking it up Wednesday 9:30!!!!!
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

Wilxay wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160314/33724921934d4a7784622d6c87aa6661.jpg[/img]
Picking it up Wednesday 9:30!!!!!
Same spec as my ordered one, looks good, enjoy! I have a wait til May...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Can't wait to get some decent pictures of it. When it's all shiny and sparkly lol
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Wilxay wrote:Can't wait to get some decent pictures of it. When it's all shiny and sparkly lol
Roll on tomorrow then for you!

It is worth the wait, still running it in but it is a fantastically built car. Feels so solid and is just a nice place to be all the time.

I think the handling is great, it might not have as much weight on the steering as the ST from pulling away but it sharpens up really well as you build speed, I am not disappointed at all and looking for an excuse to take it out all the time!
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Saw my first 6c in Norwich this morning. White 3 door. Driven by a man in a hurry. Wasn't in mine but now I know what it feels like to have a GTI bearing down on you with those LEDs full on!
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member

Post by Norfolk Boy »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:Can't wait to get some decent pictures of it. When it's all shiny and sparkly lol

It is worth the wait, still running it in but it is a fantastically built car. Feels so solid and is just a nice place to be all the time.

I think the handling is great, it might not have as much weight on the steering as the ST from pulling away but it sharpens up really well as you build speed, I am not disappointed at all and looking for an excuse to take it out all the time!
It's posts like these that put my previous "I want an ST" truly behind me. I've got used to the so so press ratings of the 6c and just enjoy for the great driving car it is with a touch of class.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Yeah I think the press are extremely biased to the ST. The GTi for me is a fine balance between comfort and handling where the ST was just too firm for me for everyday use. Think build quality is good overall but do have the odd rattle, these don't distract from my pleasure of the car too much tho. Only other poor point is the well documented stereo quality lol.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Norfolk Boy wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:

It's posts like these that put my previous "I want an ST" truly behind me. I've got used to the so so press ratings of the 6c and just enjoy for the great driving car it is with a touch of class.

I'm thinking off going for a test drive in the ST would I be mad to change to one???
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Norfolk Boy wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:

I'm thinking off going for a test drive in the ST would I be mad to change to one???
I personally think that unless you are looking to save a bit of money then I would stick with the Polo GTI especially if you not had it long. If you are looking for a car that has to be the sharpest in the class and something to take to a track then that's when I would go for the ST.

For me I'm so glad I switched to the Polo because it's such a better all rounder. The interior on the Fiesta is starting to look 8 years old and it isn't as refined, however I also understand to some that doesn't matter. I guess it is down to personal taste and the ST is a great bargain, however for me it's not as nice a place to sit. Plus the Polo handling is good enough for me and I don't think the difference to the ST is as big as some in the press make out.

With a new Fiesta on the cards in 2017 it might be worth waiting to see what the ST version of that will be like as Ford will surely continue with it after the success of the current one. However in its final years you could get one of the current mark nice and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member

Post by Norfolk Boy »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Norfolk Boy wrote:

I personally think that unless you are looking to save a bit of money then I would stick with the Polo GTI especially if you not had it long. If you are looking for a car that has to be the sharpest in the class and something to take to a track then that's when I would go for the ST.

For me I'm so glad I switched to the Polo because it's such a better all rounder. The interior on the Fiesta is starting to look 8 years old and it isn't as refined, however I also understand to some that doesn't matter. I guess it is down to personal taste and the ST is a great bargain, however for me it's not as nice a place to sit. Plus the Polo handling is good enough for me and I don't think the difference to the ST is as big as some in the press make out.

With a new Fiesta on the cards in 2017 it might be worth waiting to see what the ST version of that will be like as Ford will surely continue with it after the success of the current one. However in its final years you could get one of the current mark nice and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. The ST dash is very dated and no different to the base model Fiesta I had. Depreciation will be a killer and that's why instead I bought me a cheap MX5 so now I have two toys! I would also,wait for the new model or get the use out of the Polo and see if I still desired an ST and go for a well looked after earlier model which by then will also be a lot cheaper. Buying the Mazda confirmed you can have a lot of fun for little money!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

The dash was the reason I didn't even consider the ST :oops:
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

In love with it!Image
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Love the bow! Happy new car day :D
afk
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by afk »

Hi all! Been a while since I've been on here. So long that I'm already due my first service!

With that in mind, I went to my local VW and was quoted £189 for what is essentially just an oil change which seems a bit much to me :shock:

Thoughts anyone? or is this actually the standard rate? Online it shows £159 but apparently this is only for vehicles 3-15 years old.

Thanks in advance
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

Are you not able to opt in for one of those service plan things? works out on a brand new car @ about £8 a month over 24 months. might be slightly more depending on age of car and mileage i guess.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/serv ... vice-plans