Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GavinW
New
Drives: MY15 Polo GTi / MY10 R35 GTR

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by GavinW »

SRGTD wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
SRGTD wrote:Gave my GTI a good clean, decontamination and wax over the last couple of days. Dealer prep prior to picking it up on 1st March was OK-ish but not not brilliant. I'm happy with it now. A few pictures;
Looks cracking m8, yeah dealers prep leaves a lot to be desired. Mine has fair few swirls, got lots out when I polished after I had it. Needs a slightly heavier cut pad n polish tho next time I think to rid em for good.
Thanks Andy and duffman for the comments. I went for the Serron alloys, as the standard Parabolica alloys looked a challenge to clean, with all those 'hidden' black spokes. The spaces between the spokes on the Serrons mean I can get my Wheel Woolies through easily and clean the backs of the wheels.

I had my DA polisher out yesterday on the swirly black plastic trim on the B pillars and the edge of the tailgate spoiler. The dealer-prepped paintwork wasn't too bad, so I probably won't polish the paintwork with a cutting polish until later in the year if it needs it. Yesterday's and today's efforts involved decontaminating the wheels and paintwork, DoDo Juice Lime Prime on the paintwork - applied by DA on a white hexlogic pad - followed by Black Hole glaze and a Coat of Collinite 845 wax. Wheels were treated with Gtechniq C5, and tyres and black exterior trim dressed with FinishKare Top Kote trim dressing.

I was happy with my efforts, and it now looks like it should have when I picked it up!
The Blue looks absolutely amazing.... I'm a bit jealous!

I went for the Serron alloys for exactly the same reason... They are really easy to clean!

The quality of the paint work was pretty crap when I collected the car but I couldn't be bothered arguing knowing it was going straight in for a full detail. I was actually quite shocked when we got it under the workshop lights.....

Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Re: New GTI

Post by Deejbb »

Just booked my car in for it's first service and was surprised to hear I already have a 2 year service plan?! Can't remember that ever being mentioned to me when I was being sold the car.. Odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

GavinW wrote:
The Blue looks absolutely amazing.... I'm a bit jealous!

I went for the Serron alloys for exactly the same reason... They are really easy to clean!

The quality of the paint work was pretty crap when I collected the car but I couldn't be bothered arguing knowing it was going straight in for a full detail. I was actually quite shocked when we got it under the workshop lights.....
Thanks Gavin. The first 6c Polo GTI that I saw in the flesh was blue and I really liked it, so that decided it for me. Having said that, when I picked mine up, the dealer had a red one in the showroom and that looked great.

I was really tempted to ask the dealer to not prep my car at all; just do the PDI and take the protective covers off the roof, bonnet and tailgate. However, I went to view it just after it was delivered to the dealer and they'd already given it a quick clean so I was too late!

I'm quite into detailing, and in addition to buying myself a DA (dual action) machine polisher a couple of years ago, I've acquired a fair bit of cleaning / detailing stuff. It's really satisfying to see the results of your efforts, but buying new detailing gear can become a bit of a money pit.

Whenever my car goes into the dealers for servicing or warranty work, I leave instructions for my car not to be washed? I've seen some really shocking washing techniques at some dealerships by the guys that do the service washes. I don't want my car subjected to that sort of treatment!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

I think I might have fallen lucky - mine appears to be relatively swirl free, lifeshine was (apparently) done even though I didn't pay for it, and last time it went in for warranty work I forgot to ask them not to wash it but it came back dirty anyway :lol:
palermojd
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI 1.8TSI 2015

Post by palermojd »

So ive just seen this haha how the hell do they just fall out?!!! Deffo Getting on to VW about it lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
palermojd
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI 1.8TSI 2015

Post by palermojd »

Okay so turns out they dont just fall off.. someones been at it! Am i right in saying these are diamond cut alloys? Probably worth a bomb.

Gonna be keeping an eye out from now on!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member

Post by nats148 »

Gutted :(
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

I've seen them on the bay for £200+ per wheel so yeah worth a bit
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

It'll just be young kids wanting the VW logo for something - blame the Beastie Boys for this.. Normally they try and nick the bonnet badge. Doesn't look as if they've touched the wheelnuts and there'd be no need to remove the central logo anyway.

Annoying but at £8 or so a pop not the end of the world
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Any one else have a lot off rattles in the dash ???
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

rm55mcc wrote:Any one else have a lot off rattles in the dash ???
Got a crack type sound where dash meets A pillar trim, goes when car warm. Also one coming from the draw under passenger seat area I think. I'm yet to find a car without a rattle, annoying tho at times.
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Andy4791 wrote:
Got a crack type sound where dash meets A pillar trim, goes when car warm. Also one coming from the draw under passenger seat area I think. I'm yet to find a car without a rattle, annoying tho at times.
It's doing my head it , sounds like the hole dash is rattling .. Must get it looked at.. Apart from that can't fault the car..
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
It's doing my head it , sounds like the hole dash is rattling .. Must get it looked at.. Apart from that can't fault the car..
Yeah get it checked pal.
nats148
Bronze Member

Post by nats148 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:

Mine sounded like it was from the dash, it was actually from the light behind the visor on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

nats148 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Andy4791 wrote: Got a crack type sound where dash meets A pillar trim, goes when car warm. Also one coming from the draw under passenger seat area I think. I'm yet to find a car without a rattle, annoying tho at times.

Mine sounded like it was from the dash, it was actually from the light behind the visor on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will check this in the morning thanks [emoji106]