New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Re: New GTI

Post by TeddyThePug »

Just got an update:

"Your vehicle is currently on the ship to the UK. The ship is called City of Paris and it left the Port of Germany on the 5th of May 2016."

Does that sound reasonable? :) I thought they shipped from Spain? Just curious! :D
had a quick google and the City of Paris left portugal and is just about level with Porto. Due in Sheerness on 12th... I wonder if my car is actually on it lol :)
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

TeddyThePug wrote:Just got an update:

"Your vehicle is currently on the ship to the UK. The ship is called City of Paris and it left the Port of Germany on the 5th of May 2016."

Does that sound reasonable? :) I thought they shipped from Spain? Just curious! :D
had a quick google and the City of Paris left portugal and is just about level with Porto. Due in Sheerness on 12th... I wonder if my car is actually on it lol :)
They are built in Spain then shipped to Germany for "Quailty Control" then back onto the ship and to the UK.
TeddyThePug
New

Post by TeddyThePug »

minefields wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:Just got an update:

They are built in Spain then shipped to Germany for "Quailty Control" then back onto the ship and to the UK.
Ah ok cool. Weird then the ship is near Porto? Maybe they gave the wrong ship name. 8)
Pashboy
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by Pashboy »

Do VW tell you the ship its on then? How do you track it. Order mine on 6th of April and apparently I being built now bit earlier then Thursday but said could take 1-2 weeks to build? Is that right?
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Pashboy wrote:Do VW tell you the ship its on then? How do you track it. Order mine on 6th of April and apparently I being built now bit earlier then Thursday but said could take 1-2 weeks to build? Is that right?
VW didn't tell me the ship on my one personally but I'm sure they'd be able to find out. I remember someone on a previous page mentioning a boat called City of Amsterdam and VW told me it was due into port on the day I spoke to them so I checked the ships due in and there it was! I tracked the ship from there using a marine tracker (should come straight up if you google that). Definitely easier to speak to VW live chat to get more info though.. depending on who you get! Just keep trying. One guy told me he couldn't give me any more info other than 'it takes up to 10 days to arrive at your retailer' and the next guy 5 minutes later told me transport for it was booked and it's due into the retailer the same day.

On a side note just had my tracker updated saying it's 100% confirmed in at the retailer so hoping I can have it for the weekend?!
TeddyThePug
New

Post by TeddyThePug »

LegoDeano wrote:
Pashboy wrote:Do VW tell you the ship its on then? How do you track it. Order mine on 6th of April and apparently I being built now bit earlier then Thursday but said could take 1-2 weeks to build? Is that right?
VW didn't tell me the ship on my one personally but I'm sure they'd be able to find out. I remember someone on a previous page mentioning a boat called City of Amsterdam and VW told me it was due into port on the day I spoke to them so I checked the ships due in and there it was! I tracked the ship from there using a marine tracker (should come straight up if you google that). Definitely easier to speak to VW live chat to get more info though.. depending on who you get! Just keep trying. One guy told me he couldn't give me any more info other than 'it takes up to 10 days to arrive at your retailer' and the next guy 5 minutes later told me transport for it was booked and it's due into the retailer the same day.

On a side note just had my tracker updated saying it's 100% confirmed in at the retailer so hoping I can have it for the weekend?!
Yeah me too. Used the live chat on the VW website. The City of Paris is going directly to Sheerness so not sure if it's Germany bound at all. due on 12th at 07:00
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

TeddyThePug wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:

Yeah me too. Used the live chat on the VW website. The City of Paris is going directly to Sheerness so not sure if it's Germany bound at all. due on 12th at 07:00
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/hom ... 56/zoom:10

That should let you track it.. you can even view live webcams near Sheerness and see the boat go by as it heads into dock :lol: next level car stalking.
TeddyThePug
New

Post by TeddyThePug »

LegoDeano wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:
LegoDeano wrote:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/hom ... 56/zoom:10

That should let you track it.. you can even view live webcams near Sheerness and see the boat go by as it heads into dock :lol: next level car stalking.
yes already had a quick look hehe :D Currently in the bay of Biscay :)
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Been updated on tracker that it's with the retailer, and live chat have said it's there... AND I've been given my reg and asked to complete the CRD and set up 5 days free insurance... BUT I can't set up the insurance without a collection date, and well.. I can't be given a collection date because the car isn't actually at the dealership... :(
stables89
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Post by stables89 »

They dont go to germany. The boat goes santander then setubal in portugal and then straight to the uk
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

stables89 wrote:They dont go to germany. The boat goes santander then setubal in portugal and then straight to the uk
Yep that's the way mine came in. I was the last UK port as well :x
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

Just drove past the showroom supplying my car and it is parked outside!! No contact from them yet but really hoping to be able to collect this weekend

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
polocks
New
Drives: GTI

Post by polocks »

d7lan wrote:Just drove past the showroom supplying my car and it is parked outside!! No contact from them yet but really hoping to be able to collect this weekend

good luck with that, my mate worked at my dealer and spotted it instantly, they wanted to sorted nearly 14 days later after they had received it.
minefields
New
Drives: 2016 polo gti

Post by minefields »

polocks wrote:
d7lan wrote:Just drove past the showroom supplying my car and it is parked outside!! No contact from them yet but really hoping to be able to collect this weekend

good luck with that, my mate worked at my dealer and spotted it instantly, they wanted to sorted nearly 14 days later after they had received it.
Mine turned up on the transporter on a Monday, was PDI'ed the same day and was given to my detailer on Tuesday and I picked up on Thursday, it could have been on Wednesday if I wanted. Just shows they can move fast and get a car ready if they want to.
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

minefields wrote:
polocks wrote:

Mine turned up on the transporter on a Monday, was PDI'ed the same day and was given to my detailer on Tuesday and I picked up on Thursday, it could have been on Wednesday if I wanted. Just shows they can move fast and get a car ready if they want to.
That's what i would rather hear! Haha. I drive past it at least 3 times a week for work so I will be able to see if it is being dealt with