New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Milkshakefiend
New
Drives: Polo

Re: New GTI

Post by Milkshakefiend »

Evening all,

Thought I'd say hello - I recently put down a deposit on a new build Polo GTI with a projected delivery date of late August. I currently have a 2009 Fiesta Zetec 1.4, which I got when it was about a year old - so the Polo is a significant upgrade in power and cool factor! It's also the first time I've bought a brand new car so I'm hopelessly excited.

I've gone for a pure white 3-door DSG with: Car-net app connect, Nav, climate, convenience pack, armrest, that lovely tartan cloth, parabolica alloys, parking pack and winter pack. After looking through this thread it seems I've followed the crowd with choice of colour, however silk blue is calling to me and I don't think it's too late to change my spec!

I shall try to curb my excitement by gawking at pictures of all the lovely GTIs on here 8)
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Milkshakefiend wrote:Evening all,

Thought I'd say hello - I recently put down a deposit on a new build Polo GTI with a projected delivery date of late August. I currently have a 2009 Fiesta Zetec 1.4, which I got when it was about a year old - so the Polo is a significant upgrade in power and cool factor! It's also the first time I've bought a brand new car so I'm hopelessly excited.

I've gone for a pure white 3-door DSG with: Car-net app connect, Nav, climate, convenience pack, armrest, that lovely tartan cloth, parabolica alloys, parking pack and winter pack. After looking through this thread it seems I've followed the crowd with choice of colour, however silk blue is calling to me and I don't think it's too late to change my spec!

I shall try to curb my excitement by gawking at pictures of all the lovely GTIs on here 8)
Welcome, I went from a Zetec S Fiesta to the GTi, miss certain things about the Ford(especially the stereo) but the GTi is a cracking motor, lovely power.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Thought I'd say hello - I recently put down a deposit on a new build Polo GTI with a projected delivery date of late August.

Welcome milkshakefiend. I narrowed my colour choice to Blue Silk and White and went for Blue Silk.

As Andy has said, it's a cracking little car; you'll love it. Here's mine;

polocks
New
Drives: GTI

Post by polocks »

d7lan wrote:
minefields wrote:
polocks wrote: good luck with that, my mate worked at my dealer and spotted it instantly, they wanted to sorted nearly 14 days later after they had received it.
Mine turned up on the transporter on a Monday, was PDI'ed the same day and was given to my detailer on Tuesday and I picked up on Thursday, it could have been on Wednesday if I wanted. Just shows they can move fast and get a car ready if they want to.
That's what i would rather hear! Haha. I drive past it at least 3 times a week for work so I will be able to see if it is being dealt with

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Should have added that once I told them I knew they had it I got it the next day after work.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote:

Thought I'd say hello - I recently put down a deposit on a new build Polo GTI with a projected delivery date of late August.

Welcome milkshakefiend. I narrowed my colour choice to Blue Silk and White and went for Blue Silk.

I've never seen a Blue Silk Gti. That is gorgeous. Even better looking than the Blue Silk Blue GT I used to have.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote:
I've never seen a Blue Silk Gti. That is gorgeous. Even better looking than the Blue Silk Blue GT I used to have.
Thanks lancslad1985. I'd only seen 1 Blue Silk GTI before I ordered mine, and it was that one that helped me make the decision to go for Blue Silk.
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Scott Bounce wrote:
stables89 wrote:They dont go to germany. The boat goes santander then setubal in portugal and then straight to the uk
Yep that's the way mine came in. I was the last UK port as well :x
Hmm, i'm not sure on the information I have heard, both on this forum or from VW direct. I used to think the cars were built in Barcelona then stop off at Portugal before docking in Sheerness.

My car has been in transit since the 28th April and I have just spoke to VW over the phone. They managed to tack my car down and I was told that it is currently sitting in a port in Germany and will be shipped to the UK this Saturday, with the ship taking 6 days on average to arrive at the UK port. Has anyone else been told by VW that their car stops off in Germany?
Monty
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by Monty »

Update:

I have been to the dealer today and picked a reg, she was still in the film wrap. Picking her up on the 18th. :D
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
Scott Bounce wrote:
stables89 wrote:They dont go to germany. The boat goes santander then setubal in portugal and then straight to the uk
Hmm, i'm not sure on the information I have heard, both on this forum or from VW direct. I used to think the cars were built in Barcelona then stop off at Portugal before docking in Sheerness.

My car has been in transit since the 28th April and I have just spoke to VW over the phone. They managed to tack my car down and I was told that it is currently sitting in a port in Germany and will be shipped to the UK this Saturday, with the ship taking 6 days on average to arrive at the UK port. Has anyone else been told by VW that their car stops off in Germany?
Yes, they told me that mine was going to Emden. I said "Well, you had better tell the Captain of the 'City of Sunderland' because he is going to Sheerness". They insisted again that my car was going from Spain to Emden. Of course they were wrong. The ship went to Sheerness and after offloading some vehicles, the Captain lodged a sailing plan to Grimsby where my car was offloaded.
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Quicksilver wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:
Scott Bounce wrote:

Yes, they told me that mine was going to Emden. I said "Well, you had better tell the Captain of the 'City of Sunderland' because he is going to Sheerness". They insisted again that my car was going from Spain to Emden. Of course they were wrong. The ship went to Sheerness and after offloading some vehicles, the Captain lodged a sailing plan to Grimsby where my car was offloaded.
Haha - I get mixed info too, but until now I've been completely lost as to who has been correct. I've been told my car has been at my dealership since 9th May yet they tell me it's not with them and they don't expect it to arrive until the end of this week. After a bit of moaning saying I'm getting dodgy info the live chat guys phoned the retailer for me and confirmed that they have in fact got my car... no idea what's going on! I'm apparently due a call before the day is out.
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

Collection sorted for Saturday morning. Was down signing docs earlier today and got a sneak peek at it. Can't wait now!

Wee bonus of a year's free insurance was nice too, saved a few hundred quid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pashboy
New

Post by Pashboy »

Got this reply today:

Our Sales Department have advised that your vehicle is on a train from the Wolfsburg Factory to the
port of Emden in Germany. It left yesterday and can take up to a week to arrive at the port. From here, it
can stay at the port for up to 14 working days before it is shipped. It will take 48 hours to ship from
Germany to the UK. It then takes 48 working hours to unload the vehicle from the ship. It sits in
compound for 12 working hours and once a transport order is raised for it, it can take up to 7 days to
arrive at your Retailer.

Should they know Wh oh ship it will be on yet? Or would you chase next week? Getting excited now.

Cheers
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

Pashboy wrote:Got this reply today:

Our Sales Department have advised that your vehicle is on a train from the Wolfsburg Factory to the
port of Emden in Germany.
Pretty sure the car's aren't built in GERMANY**...
Last edited by gregmkv on Thu May 12, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pashboy
New

Post by Pashboy »

SRGTD wrote:

I got mine in that colour looks beaut!!
Pashboy
New

Post by Pashboy »

gregmkv wrote:
Pashboy wrote:Got this reply today:

port of Emden in Germany.
Pretty sure the car's aren't built in VW....
Yeah that's what I thought but came from vw live chat..