New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Re: New GTI

Post by Essexpologti »

Mine is at the retailer now and will be picking my GTI up Tuesday... Exciting stuff! My first VW.
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Post by santini »

Anyone here details his flat black GTi? Which products would you advise...?
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

Mine arrived on Friday.. only.really getting a look today and it's great! The auto box will take some getting used to so I've been using the tiptronic quite a lot when I want to drive it like a manual ! :D
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

Jaimielad wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

That black looks so good. Makes the job of cleaning a car really worthwhile.
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

ImageImage

Car detailed today with Polish Angel cosmic 9h and Dr Beasleys nano glass seal

That black looks so good. Makes the job of cleaning a car really worthwhile.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Essexpologti
New

Post by Essexpologti »

TeddyThePug wrote:Mine arrived on Friday.. only.really getting a look today and it's great! The auto box will take some getting used to so I've been using the tiptronic quite a lot when I want to drive it like a manual ! :D
Mine arrived at the dealers Friday too, must of left the port at the same time. :D
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Post by santini »

Jaimielad wrote:ImageImage

Car detailed today with Polish Angel cosmic 9h and Dr Beasleys nano glass seal

That black looks so good. Makes the job of cleaning a car really worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Looking damn fine! 8)
TeddyThePug
New

Post by TeddyThePug »

Had a good try out today and drove it to Santa Pod and back for the drag racing (about 160 miles total). The upshot is I LOVE this car :mrgreen:
Got used to the Auto box now in all of the modes and its great to be able to switch from dosile to sporty to F1 :lol:

Look out for a black Cheshire Cat GTI in the south from now on... :)

Thumbs up from me!
MIBUCS
New
Drives: None yet!

Post by MIBUCS »

Wooo! It's being built :D
TeddyThePug
New

Post by TeddyThePug »

MIBUCS wrote:Wooo! It's being built :D
I must admit the process of ordering the car and then waiting for it to be ready is something I hadn't thought about as I've never had a new car before. It's excruciating!

This GTI is the car i've wanted since I was 17. I'm now 41 and loving it :mrgreen: Well technically I wanted a Mk1 Golf GTI but I think this is the 2016 equivalent.. the Golf is huge.. this polo is Golf GTI size when I was a teenager.
Jimbo1
New
Drives: 6c gti on order

Post by Jimbo1 »

Loving the gti :)
I have the manual and The midrange performance is quite surprising!
Coming from 300+bhp cars in the past it still feels quick!
Had a slight problem with a stress crack in he sunscreen after the first month!
Tested the new bike rack out today

MIBUCS
New
Drives: None yet!

Post by MIBUCS »

TeddyThePug wrote:
I must admit the process of ordering the car and then waiting for it to be ready is something I hadn't thought about as I've never had a new car before. It's excruciating!

This GTI is the car i've wanted since I was 17. I'm now 41 and loving it :mrgreen: Well technically I wanted a Mk1 Golf GTI but I think this is the 2016 equivalent.. the Golf is huge.. this polo is Golf GTI size when I was a teenager.
This is my second new car, my first was the Fabia which was 10 years ago, that only took 7 weeks from order to delivery!
Trust me when you get the call to say it's arrived in the country and here's your registration number you'll be like a 'kid at Christmas'
Nothing beats the feeling of having a car that's truly yours, not someone else's hand me down!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

TeddyThePug wrote:

This was my first brand new car too, brilliant feeling when you get the message to say it's arrived :)
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

nats148 wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:

This was my first brand new car too, brilliant feeling when you get the message to say it's arrived :)
Second new car for me, but the first that had the enjoyment of picking everything and 'unveiling' it as such!

Had a new Merc A class before this, I had a spec I wanted but I needed something quick and got a good deal on one that was already in the country ready to go compared to if I'd have waited for one. Turned up to pick it up hoping it would have to cover to pull off etc... nope! Sat in the car park outside with all of the customers cars. No fuel in it, had to drive the guy down to the garage, fill it up then drop him back. Car turned out to be a proper Friday afternoon car too and discovered that their service was absolutely shocking with anything (I even had the underneath protection thing (technical name haha) fall off at one point after they had it!). Since I placed the order with VW everything has been spot on, got to pick everything I wanted, got to pull the cover off :lol: far more enjoyable and their service has been spot on.
Essexpologti
New

Post by Essexpologti »

It's pick up day for me...so excited. Sad the see the ST go but I've got a car spec that I wanted and no one else have driven.
Bring on 12:30 :D