New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

rm55mcc wrote:Any one notice that the door rubbers seem to make a rather strange sound as if they are dried out?? Any one recommend something to put on them????
Gummi Pflege m8 mine were noisy, this sorts em
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: New GTI

Post by rm55mcc »

Andy4791 wrote:Find im getting a fair few rattles and buzzes at the moment. Got one buzz from passenger door/maybe A pillar area, another from seat belt height adjuster right by my ear another from centre dash area. Admittedly the air con is on and off at min so cabin plastics are expanding and contracting so this can cause a few issues I know. Did expect better from a VW to be honest, I'd say its worse than my Ford Fiesta for these which is a shame. Anybody else experienced many?

Have these myself Andy , but try block them out .. Does get annoying after a while tho ..
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Andy4791 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:Any one notice that the door rubbers seem to make a rather strange sound as if they are dried out?? Any one recommend something to put on them????

Would you get it on eBay??
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Find im getting a fair few rattles and buzzes at the moment. Got one buzz from passenger door/maybe A pillar area, another from seat belt height adjuster right by my ear another from centre dash area. Admittedly the air con is on and off at min so cabin plastics are expanding and contracting so this can cause a few issues I know. Did expect better from a VW to be honest, I'd say its worse than my Ford Fiesta for these which is a shame. Anybody else experienced many?

Have these myself Andy , but try block them out .. Does get annoying after a while tho ..
I know m8, my stereo on all time anyway lol, bit disappoining that's all
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:

Would you get it on eBay??
Yep on the bay my friend
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Andy4791 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

I know m8, my stereo on all time anyway lol, bit disappoining that's all

Yeah I no what you mean... But the more the engine breaks in the better the car gets .. Feels a lot lot quicker now [emoji106]
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Yeah can't fault the go and handling
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Defo a pocket rocket
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i had a load of annoying rattles and buzzes inside mine

it spent nearly 3 weeks in my local vw and it's still not right but a lot better

things changed were the interior light, radio surround, rear trim panel and drivers door adjusted.

i sent an e-mail to vw customer servives germany (i couldn't find vw uk :roll: )

the problem is now i can hear the seat belt adjuster squeak now and i still now and again get one from the drivers airbag area
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:Already clocked 500 miles and loving it more each time I go out in it :) Onlt thing I've noticed with a fair bit of motorway driving is there is a distinct slight wind noise from the drivers door somewhere.. not too major but just something i've noticed.

It's so nice to be able to accelerate past stupid drivers rather than having to brake all the time.. haven't been able to do that since I had my Astra GTE hehe :lol:
At 110 i thought my window was actually open :lol:
Ok cool.. just a feature then and not specific to my Gti! :lol:

I had the seatbelt height adjuster buzz, but moved it up and down a bit and it's fine now...
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Yeah I find it goes when u move it, only to return, every car I've had with these adjustable belts has been a pain, ranging back to a 1996 ford which had em on,they rattled too, how come they can't fix these seemingly simple problems yet can do amazing things elsewhere
Milkshakefiend
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Milkshakefiend »

So I got a nice message late last week from the dealer saying my build week has been confirmed at 20/06! Managed to get the sports pack/DCC onto the spec before it got locked in, so happy days. Kept the colour as white. All the nice pictures of Silk Blue GTIs almost swayed me though.

Ordered red 'GTI' badgeskins for the front and rear. Couldn't decide on the wing blade badges. Need to look at them in person. Was tempted by some matt black skins for the front and rear VW badges but that might be a little TTH! Also unsure how that'd look.

Have been slightly cheeky and asked the dealer if they will change the foglight bulbs to LEDs prior to collection if I supply. It would save me some faff!

What's been the average time from build week to collection for people on here?
billypaulmason
New
Drives: '16 Polo GTI

Post by billypaulmason »

Hi all, my first time posting! I'm 18 and have a 16' GTI (Mum and Dad dont pay a penny towards it before I am attacked), Im also into my photography so I got a few shots the other night:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxSjUPa

Feel free to use them as wallpapers etc, but credit where due would be much appreciated, as would feed back!
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Milkshakefiend wrote:So I got a nice message late last week from the dealer saying my build week has been confirmed at 20/06! Managed to get the sports pack/DCC onto the spec before it got locked in, so happy days. Kept the colour as white. All the nice pictures of Silk Blue GTIs almost swayed me though.

Ordered red 'GTI' badgeskins for the front and rear. Couldn't decide on the wing blade badges. Need to look at them in person. Was tempted by some matt black skins for the front and rear VW badges but that might be a little TTH! Also unsure how that'd look.

Have been slightly cheeky and asked the dealer if they will change the foglight bulbs to LEDs prior to collection if I supply. It would save me some faff!

Can you please post up the link for the red GTI badge skins, I have been looking for ages!!!!!

Also if anyone has a link to a full set of interior LED bulbs that would be appreciated.
santini
New
Drives: Honda Civic

Post by santini »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
Milkshakefiend wrote:So I got a nice message late last week from the dealer saying my build week has been confirmed at 20/06! Managed to get the sports pack/DCC onto the spec before it got locked in, so happy days. Kept the colour as white. All the nice pictures of Silk Blue GTIs almost swayed me though.

Can you please post up the link for the red GTI badge skins, I have been looking for ages!!!!!

Also if anyone has a link to a full set of interior LED bulbs that would be appreciated.
http://www.badgeskins.com/store/p73/POL ... eskin.html