New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jerry77
Getting There!

Re: New GTI

Post by Jerry77 »

Jaimielad wrote:Excellent
Roll on next Friday when I get my ones fitted

Not allowed to play about with the engine this time, my 6r gti didn't agree with the revo stage 1
[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Understand, my 6r gti died at 25k, all pistons cracked...MY 2013 with CTHE engine....1,5 liters of oil for 1k km....new engine and sold the car to the dealer and ordered this new one. I have it since January 2016.

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Jerry77 wrote:
Jaimielad wrote:Excellent
Roll on next Friday when I get my ones fitted

Not allowed to play about with the engine this time, my 6r gti didn't agree with the revo stage 1
[emoji51]

Understand, my 6r gti died at 25k, all pistons cracked...MY 2013 with CTHE engine....1,5 liters of oil for 1k km....new engine and sold the car to the dealer and ordered this new one. I have it since January 2016.
I put only intake, which is Revo/ITG airfilter and Revo/Samco silicone hose, thats it and cat-back for nice sound!

Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Sounds very familiar!
Must admit this new one is by far a better car.
Only thing is the parabolica wheels are a nightmare to clean compared to the old ones[emoji23]

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Jaimielad wrote:Sounds very familiar!
Only thing is the parabolica wheels are a nightmare to clean compared to the old ones[emoji23]

Well, what can I say, you are right. What I did, is to put Gyeon Quartz on my wheels and it works perfectly, just using water spray, we call it "wap" by Karcher.

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Jerry77 wrote:
Jaimielad wrote:Sounds very familiar!

Well, what can I say, you are right. What I did, is to put Gyeon Quartz on my wheels and it works perfectly, just using water spray, we call it "wap" by Karcher.

Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Perfect
Guess what I'll be ordering from eBay/Amazon tonight!
[emoji848][emoji851]

Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

ImageImage
Like unwrapping a Christmas present! Let's start again....
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Wilxay wrote: Like unwrapping a Christmas present! Let's start again....
You're not having the dealer let their valeters loose on this one then Wilxay?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Nope I've done the prep myself today
E30 Sam
New
Drives: BMW E92 330d & 6C GTI

Post by E30 Sam »

The Mrs' new GTI arrived at the dealers on the 7th but we went o holiday on the 8th for a week. Obviously we went to see it before we went on holiday while it was all wrapped up & with only 1.3 miles on the clock.

Anyway fast forward to actually picking it up on Friday, now with 7 miles following the PDI. The car had been prepared perfectly which was a relieve fit me as I was quite worried they would put swirl marks all over it.

Well the car is 10x better than I thought it was going to be, it's now on 170miles and I gave it a quick detail this morning following being caught in the rain on Friday night. The Mrs is still getting use to the DSG box but it's awesome, the auto blip on the down shifts in sport mode is properly cool. At first I thought that the sport button wasn't adding any sound to the external but having had a couple of people check they confirm it is much louder on the outside once sport mode is selected.

I've still not given it the full beans yet even though I've been told I don't need to run it in. The first things I'm gong to do is change the fog light bulbs to LED & change the interior lights to LED's. Once it's done a few more miles i may look at a remap as it annoys me that the torque is less than the manual. I'd also like to lower it slightly as the arch gap is rediclous but it would only be for asthetics & I think the other half may have something to say as it is her car.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

E30 Sam wrote:The Mrs' new GTI arrived at the dealers on the 7th but we went o holiday on the 8th for a week. Obviously we went to see it before we went on holiday while it was all wrapped up & with only 1.3 miles on the clock.

Anyway fast forward to actually picking it up on Friday, now with 7 miles following the PDI. The car had been prepared perfectly which was a relieve fit me as I was quite worried they would put swirl marks all over it.

Well the car is 10x better than I thought it was going to be, it's now on 170miles and I gave it a quick detail this morning following being caught in the rain on Friday night. The Mrs is still getting use to the DSG box but it's awesome, the auto blip on the down shifts in sport mode is properly cool. At first I thought that the sport button wasn't adding any sound to the external but having had a couple of people check they confirm it is much louder on the outside once sport mode is selected.

I've still not given it the full beans yet even though I've been told I don't need to run it in. The first things I'm gong to do is change the fog light bulbs to LED & change the interior lights to LED's. Once it's done a few more miles i may look at a remap as it annoys me that the torque is less than the manual. I'd also like to lower it slightly as the arch gap is rediclous but it would only be for asthetics & I think the other half may have something to say as it is her car.

I have the manual and still can't get over how quick they pick up speed.. I have sport button as well only used it once tho , keep for getting about it.. But can't help but give it the beans every time I get in it.. Such a class motor.. Enjoy [emoji106]

green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

I'm pretty sure the manual is torque limited in first and second gear too, holding the esc button until it goes into sport mode seems to turn it off. There's a very noticeable difference in acceleration in my one. Try it out so I know it's not just all in my head. :lol:
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well I'm pleased to say that after test driving several cars, my wife decided she wanted the GTI. It's only the standard car in white and 5 door (budget only stretches so far!) but cannot wait to get my hands on it. Should have it this weekend as the car is already in port at Grimsby!
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

E30 Sam wrote:At first I thought that the sport button wasn't adding any sound to the external but having had a couple of people check they confirm it is much louder on the outside once sport mode is selected.
Is this correct, I thought the Sport button only pumped fake engine sound through the speakers?
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

It stiffens the steering, sharpens throttle response and the suspension gets adjusted as well as the increased noise