Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

yes tommy, proper f*cked lmao
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Got myself a new airfilter, it's a Green Storm, which is fully shielded against hot air from under the bonnet.

Here's my new precious :roll: :

Just click on the cover on the right of the picture, and it's closed and air-sealed.

Here it's closed:

Gonna DIY this on my 6N, already got most parts needed to make it fit my SPI inletsystem. going to put a flexible tube on the inletside of the filter, to connect it to my grill, so it will catch as many cold air as possibly, hopefully create a little 'ram-air' in my Polo :D

I'll post pics after I installed in during the weekend
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

that looks great! how much did it set you back? looks like good quality shizzle :)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

OMEGASUPR3ME wrote:that looks great! how much did it set you back? looks like good quality shizzle :)
costed my only 70 euro :lol:
sold my K&N 57i induction kit vor 90 euro, then bought this baby, in the end I even made a lil' profit :lol:

But the quality is really good so far, got it apart some hours ago, looks very good, filter is very good secured, also the top you mount on it fits really tight, and doesn't move a bit.
Gonna give it a go on saturday, hopefully she won't give a problems gettin' fitted :P
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

sounds good to me mate :)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Heard of a wrecked mk4 here in Holland, contacted the owner, and went over with a m8 of mine to 'collect some stuff' from the wreck. So yesterday I got home with a new original Polo mk4 sports interior, a dark mk4 floorcarpet, and a sky (the plate which is carpeted on the roof of your interior) and all A-, B- and C-poles (next to your windows).

I'm planning to put some new cloth over the sky and poles, with a nice colour, to get a more 'darker' look in the interior.

And today I placed my new carpet and sports interior, really sits very nice, feels very hard en secure, a real up-grade.

Here's the old 'set-up':

Here it's all stripped:

And my old light grey carpet and new dark carpet:

looks a lot better doesn't it?:

Here the final look. Don't mind the shabby lookin' rugs, there just in for the wet shoes that will be entering the car during wintertime :(

Picture-quality isn't to good, flasher of my digital camera aint that good any more. But carpet is a real up-grade, looks a whole lot better! :D
Hans
New

Post by Hans »

Nice milestone interior!
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

Nice work Jarno, although I think I prefer the previous seats to the new ones, but the carpet's lookin' good!
JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:Don't mind the shabby lookin' rugs, there just in for the wet shoes that will be entering the car during wintertime
:roll:
I know what you mean...
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Hans wrote:Nice milestone interior!
Thnx there Hans :D
helios1 wrote:Nice work Jarno, although I think I prefer the previous seats to the new ones, but the carpet's lookin' good!
JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:Don't mind the shabby lookin' rugs, there just in for the wet shoes that will be entering the car during wintertime
:roll:
I know what you mean...
old ones weren't sport seats, didn't have any sidesupport in then, these do :D
But I'm thinking of getting leather around those babies, but need to save some money first :?

Oh, and about those rugs, got some new ones today :D

Went over to Essen in Germany, to the Motorshow (one of the biggest shows in Europe, some call it the tuning and styling Walhalla :lol: )

Scored some great bargains overthere! :lol:

-aluminum front upper strut brace (adjustable)
-Wolfbrug Edition rugs (black with grey print)
-clear sideblinkers with a black background
-FTD Technics carbontranfersfoil set (makes every object, even curved ones, perfectly look like carbonfibre here's a link with english explanation about it --->
http://performancedirect.potn.co.uk/_c2 ... 705000.htm)
-and an extra foil of carbon look for the set

so if got enough to get me through the Christmas break from school :lol:

and here 2 other 'expressions' of the Motorshow in Essen :wink: :

a lot of fine lookin' hotties over there :shock: really get's your mojo goin' baby, YEAH! VERY SHAG-A-DELIC!!!
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

Yeah man, slap the leather on!

Lovin' those wolfsburg mats!

mmm... crazy german b***h...

Yeeaaaahhh boiiiii
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

that carbon fibre stuff looks pretty spanky, but its dear to buy still!

-Ben-
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Finally got around to polishing my injectorhousing:

Already flowed it as much as I could, then sprayed it black with heat-resistant spray.

Here you can really see what I've flowed (well, you'll have to know how a 'standard' injectorhousing on a SPI 6N looks like :lol: )

The injector is mounted in the 'thingy' in the middle, which used to be perfectly round, made it in an smaller round, then made it into a ovale shape. Also the mounting holes on the side have been 'smalled' and polished on the sides.
Hopefulle this improves the airflow and flow-through capacity, now the next step is to find a new throttle (from a Golf 3 90bhp spi engine) and get my inletmanifold flowed and polished (I'm delivering next saturday to the tuner who will do this for me :D ) and then put it all on and see what;s the results :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Here's a nice game, I'll show you all a picture, with on the left side a chanel out of my old inletmanifold, and on the right side a chanel from my new inletmanifold.

Here's the picture, what's the difference?:

A f*****g wider diameter, that's the difference :twisted: , it's the inletmanifold from a Golf 3 1600 with enginecode ABU, from which the diameter of the chanels is over a 7 millimeters wider :shock:

Now all I need is a ABU throttle and assemble it all and put it on my 6N :twisted:
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

:o
Wow thats a huuuge difference!

Wonder how much of a power increase youll get... :twisted:
Tris
Gold Member

Post by Tris »

Niiiiiiiice 8)