My Polo GTI :)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Re: Finally got Godderz23 6N2 On the road :)

Post by Lloydiexx »

Godderz23 wrote:
Lloydiexx wrote:Still havent had any luck with getting the car in the garage :( hoping to have it in there soon though!

have been browsing ebay for some new bits for her got a few things in mind
Hoping to swap the seatbelts for red ones,
got some genuine GTI mats
Going to do conversion of the main beam soon to the HIDS
Tinting the windows
Carbon fibring the back badge
Now i will have more time & (money) to spend on the car as moved back in with the rents.
Liking the list.

Where did you manage to get the genuine mats from? Looked a few times for mine but never managed to hunt a decent set down.
Managed to get some from ebay :) getting annoyed with not being able to drive it now :(
My friend is supposed to be doing a quote for me to have the gearbox recon but iv been waiting a few weeks now. although i started it the other day and the exhaust is now blowing, may just buy a new one lol
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

I bet your really eager to get it back on the road?
you should get on your mates case to get the gearbox done asap then you can start coming to some local meets :)

if your goin for a new exhaust you gonna get anythin special, or get custon hidden exhaust?
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Ashcroft wrote:I bet your really eager to get it back on the road?
you should get on your mates case to get the gearbox done asap then you can start coming to some local meets :)

if your goin for a new exhaust you gonna get anythin special, or get custon hidden exhaust?
Yea i have been pestering him but he says he has been doing other jobs!! grr so frustrating!!
Yea id love to start coming to some local meets :) and with the exhaust havent really thought about it yet lol just concentrating on getting her up and running again first. are you out over the bank holiday?
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

I spose cos yours will be a private job you'll be bottom of the list :-(

Yeh I'm out over bank holiday goin to a meet 2day, shame your not on the road I seem to be the only gti there lol

I'm off all this week too :-p
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Ashcroft wrote:I spose cos yours will be a private job you'll be bottom of the list :-(

Yeh I'm out over bank holiday goin to a meet 2day, shame your not on the road I seem to be the only gti there lol

I'm off all this week too :-p
I have heard from my friend this morning after pestering him for about 3 days lol!
he is hoping the garage he uses will be able to find a recon box fingers crossed :)
I am off all this week as well have been browing ebay too much lol. :)
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Sweet!! Good news :-)

You need to turn up at a few of these meets the last 1 on Sunday was nice day out n a nice drive too

Ooo I love browsing on eBay :-p you buy anythin nice
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Bit Of prgress on the car today my dad has taken the drive shaft off nearside engine mount, disconnected the battery and taken the wheels off too.
he is going to try and get the gear box out himself as my friend has had no luck with the Recon boxes :(

Was thinking earlier that all this time its been off the road i could have refurbed the alloys lol didnt think till i was sat in it.
Also took the speedo apart and the A.B.S indicator light has been removed and foil placed across from the airbag light to look like the abs light
Ordered a complete new speedo cluster so should have that maybe sat.
Think a wheel bearing may have gone too so looking at buying a new one of those.
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Ashcroft wrote:Sweet!! Good news :-)

You need to turn up at a few of these meets the last 1 on Sunday was nice day out n a nice drive too

Ooo I love browsing on eBay :-p you buy anythin nice

aww dont make me jealous although i was out on sunday lol umm havent bought anything yet as trying to keep as much money for the gearbox at the moment. i would love to come to some meets once my car is back on the road i will be :)
Have u been up to much this week?
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Have posted a new link about my gearbox today although took this picture today...

I think i have my coil overs a bit too high think i should slam it :D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

:mrgreen: Great Pic! Looks like its just about to take off
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Good news :)

Post by Lloydiexx »

Hi Guys and Gals very happy girlie today my box has gone in to be rebuilt should be done tomorrow afternoon, have also ordered a new Sach clutch as going to do that at the same time should be back on the road v soon, although the guy at the gearbox place said that although the old box may have been reconned they didnt replace the rivets with ss bolts, which should be done :?
Will keep the updates coming :)
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

So chuffed for you that you are getting it sorted! 8)

They are such fun cars to drive :D
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Moosegirl wrote:So chuffed for you that you are getting it sorted! 8)

They are indeed iv missed driving it soo much, i saw what happened to your polo with someone throwing something at it what A**hole! did u manage to get the car Reg? x
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Lloydiexx wrote:
Moosegirl wrote:So chuffed for you that you are getting it sorted! 8)

They are indeed iv missed driving it soo much, i saw what happened to your polo with someone throwing something at it what A**hole! did u manage to get the car Reg? x
I know the feeling, I took mine off the road about 6 weeks after getting it for about two months. I was itching to drive it! Hahaha.... It's my daily now though and I wouldn't have anything else 8)

No I didn't get the registration :( I was in the wrong lane to follow him aswell! Idiot! Haha :shock: x
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Glad its getting sorted now, bet your well happy. I love the fact that more 6N2's are closer to plymouth. My mate just bought one today so there must be a good few of us now 8)

Keep us updated dude :)