** LOL's Mk5 6N2 SE WIP Thread now sold.Replaced with LCR **

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Bradley
Gold Member

Re: *** LOL's Mk5 6N2 SE WIP Thread, Lowered pics pg27 ***

Post by Bradley »

Yeh for sure mate,a decent 40mm or there abouts kit would set it off nicely.I wouldn't bother with the lupo wipers they're a pain in the arse.I would just get some retro fit aero wipers dude.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

I'm running retro fit. Had them around a year but for past couple of months they've been really poor. Gonna give them a good vinegar clean if that doesn't work i'll replace them.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

My new parts finally arrived from Germany

And i've finished fitting my tweaters. This is how I fitted them to the rear handles. Sound is twice as good than the old standard ones. A lot crisper. Well pleased with my Sony set up now. Next job is to sort out my noisey wipers!

lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Right, its that time of year again. The dreaded MOT. Just stripped the car down and removed all the Mods that would fail, rear Hella's and HID's.

Finger crossed :wink:
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

i put mine through its M.O.T. with HID's in it as i couldnt be bothered to take them out and didnt wat to risk braeking the bulbs. and it passed fine with them... and there 8000k

good luck with it though :D
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

I tried it last year at the same place but had to remove them as the machine couldn't pick up the glare properly. Should be ok hopefully. I've done pads and oil + filter so not much req on the service.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Car flew through the MOT. Not bad either, service & MOT including new spark plugs £82. Now I get the fun of putting my lights back in and finally giving it a proper clean, hopefully today :D
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Finally ordered some new aero wipers. Went for a Bosch set this time. Also altered my lights, again. Pics to follow........
M54 SINGH
Bronze Member

Post by M54 SINGH »

hi there mate.. im lookin to get aero wipers aswell.. but not too sure on which ones.... are they jus the ones u can pick up from halfords for example obv being the rite size (18" i think it is for the fronts)..... or will the 9n's fit on... i think that the 9n rear will fit but not too sre about the fronts... can u please help :D

sry if im spammin.... ooooo nice build thread btw :mrgreen:
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

The front wipers are 19" and 21" iirc.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

I just buy them from ebay. Got a unbranded set before but this time went for a Bosch set. Just search Bosch Aero for Mk4 Polo. Loads to choose from. Around £20 posted.
JackNoone
Getting There!

Post by JackNoone »

Alright mate, I've just read through the entire progress of your car... its an epic!

Like your mods real nice clean car, shame its not lowered but I don't blame you for taking that kit off, I've heard a lot of the cheaper kits lower your car more than they're meant to. I found a set of lowering springs which weren't cheap but they were meant to be more 'comfortable' than coilovers and other springs but I've forgotten now.

Where did you get the grab handles from, mine are irritating me already and I've just got the car!

Keep up the good work.
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

Cheers mate, thanks. Yeah the spring/damper set made the car look twice as good but the ride was terrible, well for every day use. I'm always using the car and its got 3/4 people or a boot load of stuff quite a lot of the time. I got my grab handles from a website thats now closed due to hard times. So your best bet is probably a dealers (stealers) near you. I just bought a rear one, which comes with speaker for under £15 but doesn't include the insert that you'd want aswell.
JackNoone
Getting There!

Post by JackNoone »

lolhoward wrote: So your best bet is probably a dealers (stealers) near you. I just bought a rear one, which comes with speaker for under £15 but doesn't include the insert that you'd want aswell.
Haha, never heard them called that before, like it! There's one over the road I'll pop in and see what the men in cheap suits come up with..
lolhoward
Platinum Member

Post by lolhoward »

If your buying all four try and get a deal. If they want the sale they may give you a discount. Always worth a try.