Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by Verity »

Cheers for the comments guys!! As always; very much appreciated :D
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

18.04.2012 - Headlight Switch

Got home from work and found out my new headlight switch had arrived.
Wasn't expecting it for a while longer. So I'm chuffed :)

Before

After

I've always admired you guys that have already done this little mod as I think they look lovely and go nicely with the dials and other little bits of chrome about the interior.

So my GerTI has managed to not go wrong the last week or so (except my lamda sensor giving up the ghost - not a biggie) so I was thinking today about what I want to get done over the next few months 

Detail - will be taking a few days off at the beginning of May do will hopefully fit it in then

Bolts -got some funky bolts from a mate who sells them, just gotta get around to picking them up from him

Rear Interior Light - just gotta sort out wiring loom then I can finally get the bad boy fitted. It just been in my boot for months! 

Chrome Widow switches - again, gotta do wiring, just sat in my glovebox waiting to go!

Delock Passenger side door handle - I really want little caps to go over the barrels like some new VWs have, I'd do both handles then, as I'd feel better knowing the barrels were there if I needed them. but it's not as easy as it sounds i believe :( 
I'll happily settle for a ear handle on the front tho, ;) 

In other news Jacks got a new job! :D
Which means he leaves VW at the end of the month :(
So so happy for him (but ever so slightly sad as I love my little VW freebies and getting to drive around in brand new VWs)
If it wasn't for his job there the past 22 months my polo would be long gone as I never would be able to afford labor and full price on parts. 
Hopefully nothing else will go wrong from now on haha. And at least we are all good mates with the techs so when things so wrong I know I can still relie on them to come to my rescue ;) 
Last edited by Verity on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Love the switch Verity thats next on my list to do i think it looks great :) where did u purchase from?
Great news on Jacks job what will he be doing now, sad about all the freebies too hehe and driving the nice new VW`s
although im sure if you need parts still they may do (mates rates) maybe.
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Love the switch Verity thats next on my list to do i think it looks great :) where did u purchase from?
Great news on Jacks job what will he be doing now, sad about all the freebies too hehe and driving the nice new VW`s
although im sure if you need parts still they may do (mates rates) maybe.
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Thank you :)
I got it off eBay, I wasn't sure what VWs have the chrome switch and would be a straight up plug and play, as a lot I've seen are brush aluminium or gloss black. Brush aluminium is tastful but the chrome fits perfect with the dials. Plus these ones came up quite cheap...well cheaper then others on there.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261000218383? ... 3164wt_902

There is a seller who is cheaper by a £1 or 2 But comes from hong kong so takes a bit longer Postage wise, and I'm impaitient ;)

He's going to work for a company called English braids :)
He will no longer have to work with customers which is what the best thing is.
VW customers are SHOCKING! :evil:
Some of the stories I've heard - makes me ashamed sometimes that they are fellow VW drivers :oops:
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Light switch looks tidy verity! Crack on with the chrome window switches to match now :-)

Congrats on jacks new job too :-)
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Headlight switch looks spot on Verity,seems to have caught on quite well on the site ay haha.But then all the good mods should.

Congratulations to Jack too.
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by Godderz23 »

Nice switch. I bought one when I has the polo but gave it to Endi when he took the recaro's.

I'm predicting no problems with the olop for 86 days at least.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Got to love those switches, its the little touches that make all the difference

Nothing like a good cleaning session to fall back in love with the car again
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

19.04.12 - Up!

Finished work to be greeted by a text from Jack asking me to meet him in a layby half way between my work, and VW.
pulled up, and there sat was a gorgeous little High Up!

Ive been dieing to test drive one ever since I first heard about them last year.
Really lovely little car. The Headrests on the seats feel amazing! haha

Went into VW to get my Tyres put on my new set of RXIIs. only to realise we'd forgotten to take the old Locking Wheel Nuts off (if you remember, my key broke a few weeks back, so i had to buy a locking wheel nut remover tool and modify it to fit on the RXIIs, at the time we only did the one wheel that the odd noise was coming from, and left the other three) Do'h!

Jack gave the other three locking wheel nuts a go. but had no luck. the tool just wouldnt grab onto the nuts

Gave its a go myself.

15 mins on the N/S front wheel......no luck.
Gave up and tried the N/S Rear.
TheTool locked on first time and Bam! got it out in seconds!!!!!!
.....then it was just trying to get the nut out of the tool! -

Did this by holding the tool on the steps to the front door, and wacking the nut with a hammer.
F/S Rear, second attempt got it out.
Back to the first one I tried, and on the second attempt I got it out!!!!!

You can see in the photo a really deep cut in the nut, which is where the tool finally managed to cut into the nut. normally its just little light lines, but this was a mega deep cut.

Im really chuffed with myself as normally when I change wheels I have to stand on the wrench to tighten/loosen/ nuts as I'm not exactly strong
so the fact that I managed to do it was amazing! haha
I can honestly say I'm really quite proud of myself! lol :D

6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Those little Up's are quiet cool in fairness, very feminine cars but probably perfect for city and town driving

Reminds me of a Toyota Yaris but is no doubt higher quality being German, Interior looks really smart too :)
I wonder if they will make a GTI UP lol

Nice one for getting the wheels sorted Verity
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by nigelelliott394 »

Hmm still not completely sold on the UP! but that'll maybe change in time. How long before someone squeezes a 1.8T into one? :)

Good job on the wheels too. It always feels good to get something sorted that's been a bit of a pain for a while.
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Nice work dude :) Quite like the look of the UP as well 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Just out of curiosity how much are the UP's new? Are they cheaper than a Fox?
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Those little Up's are quiet cool in fairness, very feminine cars but probably perfect for city and town driving

Reminds me of a Toyota Yaris but is no doubt higher quality being German, Interior looks really smart too :)
I wonder if they will make a GTI UP lol

Nice one for getting the wheels sorted Verity
They do seem quite feminine in all fairness, I'm surprised that most of the people buying them do seem to be men, tho I think a lot of the time its something they share with the wife, and use as a second car.
I'm sure in 10 years from now, all the Lupo type boys will have them.

Yeah they seem quite similar to a few cars, the back end is a bit like the Citroen c2/3(???) got the same glass type tailgate.
But the Up! Is far better then all ;P good ol' VW ;)

No gti that I know of but a 1.2 GT.
The concept photos look quite beasty....well as beasty as a cute little car can look ;)

And thank you :)
nigelelliott394 wrote:Hmm still not completely sold on the UP! but that'll maybe change in time. How long before someone squeezes a 1.8T into one? :)

Good job on the wheels too. It always feels good to get something sorted that's been a bit of a pain for a while.
Hahaha it's only a matter of time!
Wheel and lowering is already happening amongst up! Owners so we'll see ;)

Thank you :) felt sooo good!! My life turned into a musical for about 10 mins as I ended up singing everything as I was so chuffed!! Hahaha
Endi_GTI wrote:Nice work dude :) Quite like the look of the UP as well 8)
Thank you :)
I love the look, proper cute little things. And so well built! .....except for the gearbox problems some are having :oops:
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Just out of curiosity how much are the UP's new? Are they cheaper than a Fox?
The Take up! (most basic model) is £8k (give or take a fiver)
Move up! (including the bluemotion version) Is close to £9k
High up! Is a few hundred over £10k
An the Up! Black and the up! white (special editions) are both just over £11k

I want a up! Black with a couple of extras - that comes to just over £12k......so I best start saving ;)