Verity's Reflex Silver GTI - He's Gone!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by Verity »

Thank you for the comments guys :)

The Last Few Months

I haven't posted for a few months, infact if I'm honest I haven't even been on the forum (except once when a google search linked me here) 
I still adore the GerTI he still makes me smile every day and I'm always happy driving him. But since last winter when I had to do all that work and spend all that money on him, I really just wanted to spend some time just enjoying him, for him. And to not spend anything on him.
I'm starting to get in the mood again now to work on him, but not quite in the mood yet to spend money on him (all of my family have theire birthdays in the next 4 months, not to mention Christmas is on its way. So I think all my money will be going on presents instead. 

Anyway. Here's the few things I've been bothered to do to GerTI in the last few moths...

2.7.12 - Wheels Changed Over
Had the wheels changed over to the old Lensos, just for a change 

20.7.12 - ABS Light comes on
Turned the car on in the morning and the ABS light is on. Its come on once before but vanished on its own, so decided not to panic about it.
That evening I go back to the car and it's still on! So I start searching around the net.
Apparently the  little Circuit board on the ABS Pump can go faulty.
As in this Thread;
http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... =7&t=45748
Tegwin, who posted that tread happens to live down the road from me, so I came up with the idea that if the worst came to the worst; I would pop buy his and beg that he fix mine and I'd give him lots of beer haha. 

But firstly I decided to go with the easier option, which was checking for corroded Fuses.
 so I go and yank mine out, and give it a little rub down with sandpaper, stick the fuse back in, go turn the car on, and..... The Handbreak light decides to also come on!!! (with the damn annoying beeping) 

Early morning I popped down to Halfords and got some Contact cleaner and a set of all new fuses. 
And voila no more lights! Soo happy!! 

1.8.12 - 3.8.12 - Detailed

Jack had some time off before he started a new job at BMW so he decided to Detail the Polo for me :)
I haven't got many photos as I went to work whilst Jack worked on the car, and he just kind of got on with it.

Here's a photo I managed to take before work , the car had a serious amount of tar on it thanks to all the roads I use being re-serfaced for weeks

I only have one photo of the exterior whilst in the process of being machine polished 

I did most of the interior myself before work so here's a few I remembered to take

15.08.12 - Hazard Button

Stuck waiting in the car one afternoon. So ende up deciding to rub the left over print on the Hazard button, as well as the little logos on the blowers. Was all pretty faded and worn out, so it just looks a bit neater gone completely.

14.09.12 - 120k

Car hit 120,000 miles!!!

19.09.12 - Leather Repair

Brought a Leather Repair pen off eBay. I'd seen stalls at car shows selling leather repair, and I'd always wondered if it would work on my Gear Knob and Steering Wheel, but was always to expensive to risk it. Then the other day I finally remembered to check eBay and found a little kit for about £5 so thought why not.

Gear Knob - Before

After

Steering Wheel - Before

During 
It takes 15 mins to properly dry, this is during that time, it's quite shiny, but it dulls down thankfully when it's dried

After

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Looks good verity :) Some interesting work there

Those leather repair kits are very good. I used one on my edition 30 seats

They do tend to wear off after about 6 months though so you may need to recoat.
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Nice work Verity. So nice to see these cars having loving owners like yourself :)
BBBaboonface
Bronze Member

Post by BBBaboonface »

Top job on the leather 8) The door side bolster on my drivers seat is very worn, with lines where the material is obviously thinner. 2 days after getting the car, a button on my jeans caught one of these marks and ripped it! Arrrrgh! :( I got a kit and did a repair, tints still need a bit of work to blend with the wear on the rest, but its better than a gaping 2cm hole! I have, however, been a bit reluctant to do the gearstick, wheel, handbrake etc. but seeing your work inspires me to have go! Looks great! your car looks perfect, down to the smallest detail! 8) (pun intended?!) Take care.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Looking fresh that missy, worked a treat that pen.

Liking the detailing....
Lloydiexx
Bronze Member

Post by Lloydiexx »

Looking great Verity :) nice little update i need to give mine a good detail soon I am off all next week hopefully the weather will stay dry,
Loving the leather pen comes up great :)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Wow leather looks good, what kit is it verity?
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

sorry its taken so long to reply!!

Thanks for all the comments guys! :D <3

I used a little pen which I got from this seller - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Repair-Wiz ... 7675.l2563
was one of the small pens that cost a few quid. and still have lots left to do a few touch ups over time :D
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

26.11.2012 - Black Vinyl

I had a load of black Vinyl in the back of the closet, from doing the letters on the Golf's Engine cover back in Summer

You see those tiny 'FSI Turbo' letters - they took me hours to cut out! Far to much of a perfectionist!!!
Anywhoo had loads of Vinyl left over, so thought I might as well put it to good use!
Im a bit 50/50 with it. I don't know how long it'll stay on, but for now its nice to have a bit of a change :D

And a few random light photos from playing around with the camera

Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

I like it, I had blacked out pillars on mine and loved it...
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

:lol:
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Verity - how much black vinyl have you got left :P I quite fancy it on mine! lol
kimbo
New

Post by kimbo »

Can I ask about dynamat soundproofing?

Did you buy a ready-made pack or cut it up yourself, and was there a noticeable difference?

A lot of unwanted noise comes from under the bonnet but there is already a VW mat on there.

Nice car btw
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Verity's Reflex Silver GTI

Post by nigelelliott394 »

That vinyl looks excellent Verity. I've seen a few cars with it done and sometimes you can see the original colour of the car in between the gap of the doors but you've made sure that's not the case here. Good job.